Marvelous Nakamba

NurembergVillan

8 hours ago, VillanousOne said:

it sounded like the only change he is making to the team Monday is for El Ghazi to replace Wes.

if we don't get more steel in the middle we keep losing. 

El Ghazi to replace Wes? Surely not, where did you hear that? 

2 hours ago, mikeyp102 said:

There’s squad rotation. He didn’t name individuals, he just said he doesn’t see us changing formation as likes the ones we have

Surely we have to adapt and play different formations against different teams? If we just play the same way against every other team, then the opposition will know what to expect 

25 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

Surely we have to adapt and play different formations against different teams? If we just play the same way against every other team, then the opposition will know what to expect 

It really depends on what gives us the best chance of victory week to week. There are always pros and cons, it's about weighing them up and making a decision accordingly.

We're considerably last, by some margin, in the league for players retained from last season. And then of the players that are staying, few are actually going to hold starting roles.

Add to that our transition from one league to the next, how experienced our players are at this level, and how much football they've all played together.

I think it's pretty safe to say that we will see some tinkering while we establish ourselves.

The formation we play will really depend on weighing up our strengths and weaknesses against that week's opposition.

However it might turn out that Smith opts to stick with the same formation, or a very similar one all throughout, and that could be in our interest.

I'd be very surprised if we don't see rotation of personnel, until there's chemistry and people really make the role theirs.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, A'Villan said:

It really depends on what gives us the best chance of victory week to week. There are always pros and cons, it's about weighing them up and making a decision accordingly.

We're considerably last, by some margin, in the league for players retained from last season. And then of the players that are staying, few are actually going to hold starting roles.

Add to that our transition from one league to the next, how experienced our players are at this level, and how much football they've all played together.

I think it's pretty safe to say that we will see some tinkering while we establish ourselves.

The formation we play will really depend on weighing up our strengths and weaknesses against that week's opposition.

However it might turn out that Smith opts to stick with the same formation, or a very similar one all throughout, and that could be in our interest.

I'd be very surprised if we don't see rotation of personnel, until there's chemistry and people really make the role theirs.

Well phrased

• Thanks 1

Â