Marvelous Nakamba

NurembergVillan

1 minute ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Well we can’t ok young man! 

He’s gotta wrestle that spot from my main man Luiz. 

Maybe he might start againt the top 6 teams to make us more solid.

Luiz ahead of him, Jack on the left and John on the right?

He's got the running required, no doubt. Two good feet as well, which is always nice.

At times, he looked a bit loose on the ball to me. They may just be the way he is, didn't lose it that I can remember. 

3 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

He's got the running required, no doubt. Two good feet as well, which is always nice.

At times, he looked a bit loose on the ball to me. They may just be the way he is, didn't lose it that I can remember. 

Didn’t see him get dispossessed once and I only saw one pass not find a Villa player the whole match. Very promising. 

• Like 3

I know it was Crewe but he looked excellent. Very mobile, quick, great passer and always seems to be in the right place at the right time to snuff out danger. Very skillful too apparently. I thought we had a new winger after that nutmeg on the right hand side.

Edited by Keyblade
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Can’t see it myself. I reckon he will just be challenging Luiz for the DM spot. Great competition for places though. 

Have to agree, no real place for both in the team good competition though, and I think we might see some squad rotation as the season goes on.

I thought he was wonderful once he settled into his rhythm and started finding space. He's a genuine box to box combative midfielder, Milner-esq in ways. I've absolutely no issue with him going for a wander so long as Grealish or McGinn are prepared to cover in for him when necessary, he's got the necessary skillset. He could add a different dimension to Luiz, who seems like more of a traditional deep lying midfielder. 

Aside from the obvious outrageous nutmeg, the pass for our third was a sensational bit of vision and execution. He's knocking on the door I think. 

• Like 2

I can’t recall the last time I saw a player evolve so quickly during a single game.

The Nakamba of the last half hour looked very classy. Pacy, looking forward, vision, composed, reading the game.

Very impressive ( * opposition noted though)

40 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

I thought he was wonderful once he settled into his rhythm and started finding space. He's a genuine box to box combative midfielder, Milner-esq in ways.

Would say he's much more in the Makelele mould than Milner, but ye. 

It's only crew though, so we should probably keep that in mind. 

Edited by KenjiOgiwara

I think as we progress and we have more options in our squad.....players who are not quite up to speed will be given more time at BMH to get right.

Dean also has to balance things by keeping players happy, not to mention, different styles of teams,we face, will require different attributes from our players.

We are some way off of signing Complete footballers, That will come in time, provided we continue to progress incrementally.......Our players right now have diverse attributes, Dean will know which ones to play against whom, there are so many factors to balance.

I trust him to get it right more times than he gets it wrong.

Â