Aston Villa Women

mikeyp102

Nice interview with Carla Ward on the BBC Woman’s Football page. Seems to be enjoying herself but very committed about challenging the top sides.

Really tough test for her and the players tomorrow against Arsenal though. For anyone interested, this game is live on BBC2 at 17:15.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Phil Silvers said:

They are so far stuck up Arsanals arse it's cringeworthy.

They actually seem quite insulted that we're playing well and haven't conceded. They expect and definitely want an Arsenal walkover. 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, sidcow said:

They actually seem quite insulted that we're playing well and haven't conceded. They expect and definitely want an Arsenal walkover. 

Media socks and are a big part of all that's wrong in football.

Maz Pacheo is ace. When I win the lottery, I'm taking the whole women's team out bowling.

• Thanks 1

How come women's football are allowed female lead and Co commentator and a 3 woman studio analysis team yet it seems to be outlawed to have all male commentary teams for mens football. 

5 minutes ago, sidcow said:

How come women's football are allowed female lead and Co commentator and a 3 woman studio analysis team yet it seems to be outlawed to have all male commentary teams for mens football. 

Because of things like the arse comment above yours.

They are trying to get women taken seriously and given experience. Speaking as someone who was senior coach to a team in a different sport, thats the hardest part.

It would be great to have very experienced mixed teams commentating and analyzing but you always get the stupid comments.

We need a bit more going forward in this game to help take pressure off a bit more.

13 minutes ago, rjw63 said:

Just saw ten minutes before half time.

Villa don't look great.

Keeper has done well.

Lehman (is it?) has a cracking arse. 😈

They’re being really resilient and well organised against a much superior side. They were tiring and making silly mistakes towards the end of the half. Hampton doing great but I’d be amazed if we stop them scoring in the second half as well. 

11 minutes ago, sidcow said:

I mean this is clearly rubbish. 

• Like 1

Â