Aston Villa Women

mikeyp102

Going by the live text coverage on the BBC, it sounds like we played well, were the better team and unlucky not to come away with 3 points. Well done to the women’s team, sounds like a vast improvement has been made.

Edited by NeilS
Typo
  • Like 1

Well deserved and very important point gained against a bottom half rival. We do play some good stuff at times and have a more solid look about us this season. However, we must cut out silly mistakes and the some poor decision making, as the opening goal showed today. I do worry that we lack that quality forward but perhaps Gielnik will be it once she settles in.

It may only last 24 hours but top of the league tonight ladies. Enjoy it.

• Like 1

I think we lacked composure at times. In the last 15 we relaxed and pinned them in. Pacheco and Mayling played really well.

Lehmann had some good moments but I believe she'd be better in the number 10 role because her passing and Vision stood out at times. Gielnik will get lots of goals, Remi Allen is fantastic.

Petzleberger looked classy when she came on reminded me of Mehmet Scholl of Bayern in her style of play,  Shania Hayles has the Rachel Yankee's about her. Direct fast and  decent technical ability.

Hopefully around 7-10th in the league for a few seasons which will establish them and then build from there.

Edited by Sulberto21
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, Sulberto21 said:

I think we lacked composure at times. In the last 15 we relaxed and pinned them in. Pacheco and Mayling played really well.

Lehmann had some good moments but I believe she'd be better in the number 10 role because her passing and Vision stood out at times. Gielnik will get lots of goals, Remi Allen is fantastic.

Petzleberger looked classy when she came on reminded me of Mehmet Scholl of Bayern in her style of play,  Shania Hayles has the Rachel Yankee's about her. Direct fast and  decent technical ability.

Hopefully around 7-10th in the league for a few seasons which will establish them and then build from there.

I think we will click sooner, I'm hoping for top4 🤞

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Phil Silvers said:

I based my prediction on absolutely no knowledge of the WSL other than that Chelsea and Man City seem to be the top teams.

Don't know about the other teams but we finished near the bottom half so I'm guessing that we're a lower midtable side? But top 4 is always a good place to finish.

Edited by Sulberto21
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Phil Silvers said:

Gonna be very tough. Man City, Chelsea, Man Utd and Arsenal are leagues ahead IMO. After that? Who knows!

It would be a good, easier and cheaper win for the owners if we did become the best women's team - compared to what needs to be invested in the mens. All about bringing the culture of winning to the club. 

• Like 1

Â