Aston Villa Women

mikeyp102

Huge season for Villa Women.

Team has been developed really well and professionally. The short-term nature of the contracts to date suits the rapidly-evolving women's game but hopefully in time some of the players can establish themselves as long-term staples at the club.

Hopefully Emily Gielnik will be one of them. Excellent signing who will score goals. 29 but has years left in her.

Hannah Hampton who is one of a crop that we poached from Blues is only 20 but already an England senior, will have a fantastic career judging from what I've seen of her.

UTV

Edited by est1874

We beat Leicester 3-0 today, in the FA WSL Academy Cup, which I think must be the women's academy version of the FA Youth Cup. I notice on the official site they've promoted Laura Blindkilde (sometimes referred to as Laura Brown) to the first team squad

'Laura is a dynamic technician and wants to get on the ball constantly.The teenagers wants to set the tempo in a game and possesses excellent technical ability. The WSL Academy product had 24 goal contributions during the 2020/21 campaign and finished the season very strongly, scoring a hat-trick against Manchester United.'

Seems we have a good set up at youth level and should be a big help to us as we look to improve our women's team

• Like 2

3 hours ago, useless said:

We beat Leicester 3-0 today, in the FA WSL Academy Cup, which I think must be the women's academy version of the FA Youth Cup. I notice on the official site they've promoted Laura Blindkilde (sometimes referred to as Laura Brown) to the first team squad

'Laura is a dynamic technician and wants to get on the ball constantly.The teenagers wants to set the tempo in a game and possesses excellent technical ability. The WSL Academy product had 24 goal contributions during the 2020/21 campaign and finished the season very strongly, scoring a hat-trick against Manchester United.'

Seems we have a good set up at youth level and should be a big help to us as we look to improve our women's team

I think the Owners realise theres much Growth to do here and if they can position themselves at the front of it all,there is certainly recognition to the Owners that are noticed making the womens game stronger.

The womens game will be really big eventually, it's a matter of time.  Imagine them winning the league title wouldn't that be something for the Owners, club, Staff and of course players and Youth. I feel theres a trophy on the way from somewhere, now where that is the question. In reality whichever one of our teams gets that trophy it's a sign things are a continuation of the great work being done at the club, just like our Youth winning there FA Trophy.

2 hours ago, Phil Silvers said:

Emily Gielnik looks a bit of a beast in training, 6'0" powerful forward. Hope she gets some minutes tomorrow.

We're on sky for the early game tomorrow for them that fancy it,  11.30 KO.

They grow em good there in Australia. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, HanoiVillan said:

The FA Player seems to just have this as audio? Am I doing something wrong, or do we not have pictures for this one?

It’s on Sky so maybe they don’t have full rights. However be thankful you can’t see how bad our defending just was for the West Ham goal.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

The FA Player seems to just have this as audio? Am I doing something wrong, or do we not have pictures for this one?

I'm a numpty that pays for sky so I'm on there, just checked on FAplayer for u and I just get audio too. Can't find a stream for you either anyway, sorry pal.

Our defending is not good, 0-1 user error.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, HKP90 said:

Can I just ask-why isn’t this easier to watch? Nothing kills a burgeoning sport quicker than ‘exclusive rights’.

Before the season, I saw people talking about how this was going to be a breakout year for women's football, because it would be available through more channels. I was immediately suspicious, and suspicions confirmed; rather than being available for free via the FA Player (which is definitionally complete availability already) plenty of it is going to be exclusive to Sky, and instead women's football can enjoy all the success of growing the sport that the England and Wales Cricket Board have enjoyed over the last 20 years.

6 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

Before the season, I saw people talking about how this was going to be a breakout year for women's football, because it would be available through more channels. I was immediately suspicious, and suspicions confirmed; rather than being available for free via the FA Player (which is definitionally complete availability already) plenty of it is going to be exclusive to Sky, and instead women's football can enjoy all the success of growing the sport that the England and Wales Cricket Board have enjoyed over the last 20 years.

I grew up in Cradley and went to Speedway every Saturday. Mostly packed every week, but an unscrupulous owner sold the stadium. Anyway when Sky took on Speedway I thought at the time that the money and attention would be good for the sport. Nah killed it entirely. 

Ditto boxing.

I’m Into formula 1. You need to kick in some serious wedge to get anywhere near a live race.

Seriously Sky is poison for sport. Gives the governing bodies everything they think they want (money, exposure) in exchange for everything they need (viewers).

• Like 2

How they're losing is a miracle. 

So many chances.  Hit the post, hit sitters that can't be missed straight at the keeper, keeper made some great saves. 

On general play they should be 4 or 5 ahead right now but they're looking like they will lose as time is nearly out. 

Â