Aston Villa Women

mikeyp102

9 minutes ago, Kingman said:

Can you watch The FA Playet via Apps on Sky Q such as iplayer or YouTube platforms?

Just had a quick look, can't find app or links to any other platforms.

Just booted up the browser on my tv and im logged in watching now on there, its ok.

• Thanks 1

According to BBC text coverage we're dominating possession but doing nothing with it and created zero chances. 

Good to see The Villa Engine operating smoothly across multiple teams. 

2 minutes ago, sidcow said:

According to BBC text coverage we're dominating possession but doing nothing with it and created zero chances. 

Good to see The Villa Engine operating smoothly across multiple teams. 

And good to see the timing of my posts remains flawless. 

• Haha 3

Absolutely bossed the first half - just need someone with a bit of guile in the final third.

It might be that we dominate because we end up playing a sort of 4-6-0, but even so, on the basis of that first half we'll be very disappointed not to be further ahead and it's hard to make a case for us not deserving to be.

I only saw the last 20 minutes or so, but we looked moderately threatening on the break. Problem seemed to mainly be playing the right final ball at the right moment, but there was some stuff to work with there.

However, my main thought is that Small Heath looked completely clueless, gonna be long hard season for them. Given we now have 9 points more than them and Leicester, we probably aren't a million miles from safety already, because there aren't very many poor teams in the league for the likes of Small Heath to get wins against.

Played excellently in the first-half and should have put the game out of reach, not so great in the second-half, but still a very important win for us.

Lucky result for small heath in the Brighton v Leicester game, was goaless three minutes into injury time which would have put them in the relegation zone, but then Brighton score to win 1-0. The relegation spot may well be decided by the small heath v Leicester fixtures.

On our attack, we don't have much in the way of out and out strikers, the one that we do have, Gielnik, who is probably one of our better players, is out injured, I think we'd look much better going forward with her in the team, as she's a goal threat and can hold the ball up well, hopefully she's back soon.

• Like 1

At full-time we were seventh because of West Ham beating Reading 2-0 in one of the later kick-offs, but because Reading made comeback to draw 2-2, it means we've moved above West Ham up to sixth place.

• Like 2

Carla Ward appears to have built a very competitive squad now, which we needed.

Now I think the next step is adding 2/3 quality additions every window in order to break that top six.

We’re still lack that real star quality, especially offensively but it’s getting better all the time. 

Â