Aston Villa Women

mikeyp102

Looking at the league, small heath will struggle. We should also finish above Leicester, WHU and perhaps Reading. I'd say 8th then. Everton have hd 2 big defeats but usually they are a decent team. 

• 2 weeks later...

Chloe Arthur scored twice and got an assist for Scotland this evening in their 7-1 win against against the Faroe Islands. Alisha Lehmann also scored her second goal of the international break in Switzerland's 6-0 win against Moldova

• Like 2

Our U21s beat Bristol City Reserves 6-1 today. Laura Madison Blindkilde Brown, Freya Gregory, Leonie Joyce, Mary McAteer, and Molly Lemon (2) with the goals.

Earlier this year whilst playing for Wolves Leonie Jones became the youngest ever female to play in the top four tiers of women's football, she also scored on her debut, so presumably is also the youngest ever goal scorer in the top four divisions.

Worcester Evening News

Edited by useless
  • Like 1

Very tough game today (2.00pm) against top of the table Brighton. Be interesting to see how far we have come along since Carla has arrived.

Think our aim this season should be roughly 20 points (5 wins and 5 draws) mainly against the teams around us. That’ll be enough for a lower half finish, then progress to try and get a  top half finish next season.

5 minutes ago, useless said:

I see Leicester are three nil down against West Ham at half-time, it's already looking like it's going to be between them and B'ham for the relegation spot.

I don’t know why but when I think of women’s football I always associated Small Heath and Arsenal as being 2 of the big players. 

Am I simply wrong, or have times just changed? 

Arsenal are one of the best teams in the league, they kind of form the 'big four' alongside Man City, Chelsea, and Man Utd.

Small Heath used to have a decent side, a couple of seasons back they finished in the top four, but lack of backing from their owners has seen their fortunes change, widely accepted that Carla Ward performed a miracle to keep them up last season, for some games they only had one player on the bench, when allowed nine. Our emergence in the women's game hasn't helped their situation either, as we've taken all their better players and staff.

• Like 2

Good to see both men’s and women’s teams building year on year. Saw the women play Palace 3 years ago had seen Palace a few times that season and they were useless however on that day they easily got a point away from home. They are still useless and the Villa team have moved miles ahead. Onwards and upwards, good time to be a Villa fan.

47 minutes ago, av1 said:

I don’t know why but when I think of women’s football I always associated Small Heath and Arsenal as being 2 of the big players. 

Am I simply wrong, or have times just changed? 

Times have changed with regards wsha, they used to take is seriously but recently they have been in turmoil due to the owners cutting back on facilities etc. Players and Manager have left, some coming here.

Â