Aston Villa Women

mikeyp102

Just seen that Small Heath have sacked their manager Scott Booth, he was seen as a coup for them in the summer relative to their standing, as he was seen to have done a good job in Scotland with Glasgow City, I think he'd won six titles with them. BBC originally reported that he'd been told that he'd be allowed to sign players from overseas, but then after he was appointed fount out that they'd failed to pay the fee that would allow those players to get work visas, that's been removed now, so maybe it was disputed, but either way seems a shambles behind the scenes.

As for us, we play Man City away tomorrow, not sure what's going on with them they went from being comfortably second best to only Chelsea last season to losing four of their first seven games this season, and winning only two, they're below us in the table as it stands. They will probably pick up at some point and will be favorites tomorrow, but would be nice if we could sneak a result whilst they're out of form.

• Thanks 1

58 minutes ago, useless said:

Just seen that Small Heath have sacked their manager Scott Booth, he was seen as a coup for them in the summer relative to their standing, as he was seen to have done a good job in Scotland with Glasgow City, I think he'd won six titles with them. BBC originally reported that he'd been told that he'd be allowed to sign players from overseas, but then after he was appointed fount out that they'd failed to pay the fee that would allow those players to get work visas, that's been removed now, so maybe it was disputed, but either way seems a shambles behind the scenes.

giphy.gif

On 17/11/2021 at 18:53, useless said:

I think Evie and Olivia Rabjohn are sisters, Evie captianed England U17s recently. I thought the likes of Missy and Isobel Goodwin, along with Mary McAteer and a few of the others might have started as well. But good chance for some of the older first team squad members to get some game time. Sheffield United not doing great in the championship, so normally I think we'd be expectd to win comfortably, but the side we've put out might even things up.

Can't beat having a C called LittleJohn

Thought I'd watch the women's footy on sky and can't believe that villa's no.7 is wearing full make up AND false lashes ! She must've come to the game straight from a night out, cos she's certainly playing that way

1 hour ago, mottaloo said:

Thought I'd watch the women's footy on sky and can't believe that villa's no.7 is wearing full make up AND false lashes ! She must've come to the game straight from a night out, cos she's certainly playing that way

She's dating our very own Dougie. Being outplayed by City today 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mottaloo said:

You don't accumulate 6m Instagram followers by turning up looking like you've just rolled out of bed! 

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Woody1000 said:

What an incredibly sexist comment.

Really?? My goodness, your either racist or sexist on here lately??

Women react differently, that's fact!!  Although it happens in the mens game too ya know, which is why managers lose the dressing room.

We were drawing 0-0 at half-time so I very much doubt that Carla Ward will have given them grief, at that point we would have been very pleased with that scoreline. Also can't recall a trend of us collapsing in the second half of games, that's only really happened today and against Arsenal, Arsenal have been the best women's side by some distance for a while now, and whist Man City haven't been as good this season, today's result was always a possibility and they will probably be top four come the end of the season, so losing to those two is no great surprise whether the goals come in the first or second half.

Today's result illustrates why last weekend's win against small heath was so important.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, useless said:

We were drawing 0-0 at half-time so I very much doubt that Carla Ward will have given them grief, at that point we would have been very pleased with that scoreline. Also can't recall a trend of us collapsing in the second half of games, that's only really happened today and against Arsenal, Arsenal have been the best women's side by some distance for a while now, and whist Man City haven't been as good this season, today's result was always a possibility and they will probably be top four come the end of the season, so losing to those two is no great surprise whether the goals come in the first or second half.

Today's result illustrates why last weekend's win against small heath was so important.

Reasonable reply👍

• Thanks 1

Our U21s beat Liverpool 4-1 today to move back to the top of the table, seven wins and one draw from eight games so far.

At first team level both Leicester and small heath lose, so at least the points gap between us and the bottom of the table is maintained.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Playing Sunderland at 12pm in the Conti Cup... Game is live on the FA Player...

Rogers, Mayling, Asante, Sargeant, Pacheco, Blindkilde, Allen, Littlejohn, Petzlberger, Lehmann, Gielnik

Subs: Hampton, N'dow, Arthur, Boye-Hlorkah, Hutton, McLouhlin, Davison, Ewers.

A much more experienced team than I was expecting Laura Blindkilde the only one who still plays for the academy.

Â