Douglas Luiz

LondonLax

Don’t get too low with the lows and high with the highs. He’s a very good player, who isn’t world class but has hit a rough patch of form—nothing more, nothing less. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sidcow said:

Rated by Arsenal who are constantly linked with him.

Rated by Emery the best manager in the league who constantly picks him week in week out and constantly sings his praises.

Rated by the West Ham fans I was chatting to before the game the other week.

"Overrated" does not mean "not rated".  How much did Arsenal offer for him the other year?  Obviously, they they dont rate him as highly as people think.

Just now, Humanoid said:

"Overrated" does not mean "not rated".  How much did Arsenal offer for him the other year?  Obviously, they they dont rate him as highly as people think.

Did he not only have 1 year left on his contract at the time?

• Like 1

Right now he and a few others in the team are going through tough time on the pitch with form and fatigue kicking in, and that is when they will need us behind them and lifting them, not shooting them down and slagging them off. We are a few matches away from achieving something we haven't done since it's inception and that is Champions League qualification, let's try and help get them over the line.

I have no problem with people having a grumble on here in the heat of the moment as that is what the forum is for, but I am not sure what the aim is when it comes to some of the things I have seen posted on his Insta posts. How is that going to help him or the team, he hasn't played bad on purpose, players need us to back them during tough times as well as good. I can only assume and hope that those posts are not Villa fans.

• Like 2

I'm really frustrated with him, but it's no coincidence that he's been off the boil since Kamara went out, he's having to do a lot more, and we'll see the old Doug back once the squad is back to full strength

• Like 3

1 minute ago, NeilS said:

Right now he and a few others in the team are going through tough time on the pitch with form and fatigue kicking in, and that is when they will need us behind them and lifting them, not shooting them down and slagging them off. We are a few matches away from achieving something we haven't done since it's inception and that is Champions League qualification, let's try and help get them over the line.

I have no problem with people having a grumble on here in the heat of the moment as that is what the forum is for, but I am not sure what the aim is when it comes to some of the things I have seen posted on his Insta posts. How is that going to help him or the team, he hasn't played bad on purpose, players need us to back them during tough times as well as good. I can only assume and hope that those posts are not Villa fans.

Their not villa fans, just trying to stir stuff up the sad morons.

28 minutes ago, MarkLillis said:

Of course he doesn't need it but its just the emotion talking...

Not everyone has the ability to control what they say in an atmosphere like last night.

True. I just find it sad.

• Like 1

When Arsenal bid for him the last time that was before he had a massve upturn in form, so that's not really reflective of how much he's worth now, as his game has since moved to another level. He's not best midfielder in the league and probably not worth £100m as was claimed, or more important to us than Grealish was which was also claimed, but he's still a very good midfielder, just going through a difficult spell, if he was to leave us, hopefully he doesn't, would likely end up somewhere like Arsenal, or Liverpool, and they would pay a significant sum for him, he's still top rated, a few tired performances in difficult circumstances don't change that

3 minutes ago, PaulMcGrath_5 said:

Did he not only have 1 year left on his contract at the time?

He did, but then we paid £25m for Danny Ings who had a year left with the Saints

3 minutes ago, tinker said:

Their not villa fans, just trying to stir stuff up the sad morons.

Yeah I guess so. I reckon the odd Villa fan may post something bad, but in the main the proper fans would hopefully post a positive comment and outweigh the negativity.

12 minutes ago, NeilS said:

Yeah I guess so. I reckon the odd Villa fan may post something bad, but in the main the proper fans would hopefully post a positive comment and outweigh the negativity.

Villatalk sort of isolates us from the overly negative, hateful comments,  match day threads are reactionary though, nothing too bad. 

Noticed Doug made an effort to apologise after the game,  put his hands up. He's a great player, still humble, loves the villa, just struggling for form at the moment, combine that with the injuries and small squad and  it shows. 

He would cost £50m+ to replace (from a foreign league, £80m+ from the premier league) they would need a season to adjust to England and the Premier league. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, villaglint said:

He's up there with Watkins and Emi as one of our best players for me. Been outstanding for us this season and I hope people arent forgetting that. Yes he is struggling for form recently but he's played 4th most minutes in our squad this year behind Watkins (half robot) Emi (just stands there) and Ezri (glides around on a boat) so he's the only one doing any real running and its catching up to him. He is stumbling over the line as are we as a squad. Luckily several others squads are in a similar boat. Think the intensity and number of games puts a massive toll on modern squads unless you have 2 world class players in every position like City. 

spacer.png

1 hour ago, striker said:

Does it one every 5-6 games which isn’t enough. McGinn is far more consistent. I’ve never got the accolades he receives on here and I’ve watched most of Villa’s games over recent seasons. It was no surprise to me that Villa looked much better without him when Luiz was banned.

He was worse than awful last night. Oly constantly harassed him which actually divulged how poor he is when pressed. He’s a sideways player in the mould of a Ray Wilkins and got it both barrels from Emery last night during the game. Think Emery is losing patience with him.

For me if Villa get a reasonable offer he’d be the first player out the door in the summer.

No Kalvin Phillips is he?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Stevo985 said:

The fans are supporting him.

Just because a player has been good for us doesn't mean they can't be critcised when they play badly.

Dougy had an absolute **** stinker last night.

Not all the fans since some want him sold and he has been called a bottler on here for taking a penalty and in some other site somebody wished he died

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

I'm really frustrated with him, but it's no coincidence that he's been off the boil since Kamara went out, he's having to do a lot more, and we'll see the old Doug back once the squad is back to full strength

Funny enough before his injury people wanted him dropped too

• Like 1

He’s also only missed 7 league games since 2021 which is pretty astounding for a center mid.

I think it’s also clear that McGinn and him don’t work as a midfield partnership 

1 hour ago, Zatman said:

Not all the fans since some want him sold and he has been called a bottler on here for taking a penalty and in some other site somebody wished he died

Sure they did

Â