Douglas Luiz

LondonLax

39 minutes ago, Bunnski said:

Useless bottler just hope he hasn't scuppered a transfer away, need rid of players with his weak mentality. Thinks he's way better than he actually is 

Lay off the booze mate

• Like 1

Both him and McGinn have dropped off since Kamara got injured. They are both having to do different roles to what we want them doing and this is what happens. We are hampering two players now, it's not worth it IMO. Slot Tim in next to Luiz and see if it improves.

28 minutes ago, rbcuk said:

Soon as he did that stupid stutter run up we said around us he’ll miss it, at least hit the target, been poor for a few weeks now, we so miss kamara in the middle with him 

Do you say he'll miss every time he does that run up? 

Poor performance, haven’t been too many of those from Dougie…. but… form is temporary, class is permanent and he has it in abundance.

He will return and hopefully fired up to perform and overcome what is quite a big challenge for him now… and I back him to overcome it and become even better.

I’m not going to lose faith in and turn on the players that are a massive part of our success and progress so far…

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, turvontour said:

Do you say he'll miss every time he does that run up? 

No but that long delay taking it didnt help matters

• Like 1

Just now, AndyM3000 said:

Both him and McGinn have dropped off since Kamara got injured. They are both having to do different roles to what we want them doing and this is what happens. We are hampering two players now, it's not worth it IMO. Slot Tim in next to Luiz and see if it improves.

I think this is the problem... Put Tim in there and we massively improve. Playing McGinn and Luiz on their own just doesn't work imo. 

52 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

I don’t have any fury but seeing the shite other players get after 1 bad game and Luiz has been shit pretty much for a calendar year, yet gets apology after apology. Don’t get it. 

I ask this genuinely. Have you been drinking tonight? 

12 minutes ago, est1874 said:

Has he? The first few months of it maybe. He hasn't been at the races for a loooong time now. The season is 38 league games, plus.

He has, yes.

25 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

In fairness, as gutted and nervy as we are just as fans, you can only imagine how shite he feels after tonight, and will have felt during the game 

Backing him to show what he is really made of asap… big test of character for him and a significant point of his career and development.

If we are supporters… let’s actually support our (better) players and those that have brought us all this way…

N not be shitty, petty, fickle and entitled like other fanbases…

• Like 2

1 minute ago, avfc1982am said:

I think this is the problem... Put Tim in there and we massively improve. Playing McGinn and Luiz on their own just doesn't work imo. 

Thought McGinn was very good in that RM slot protecting Konsa and moving into the pockets when we had the ball. He also knows he's only got one way to play from that RM slot, it's easier for him to use his body to battle and turn into space. He can't be doing that in front of our own CBs, it's way too risky.

Likewise I haven't seen Luiz get into the box since Kamara was injured, he used to arrive on the edge and even attack the 6 yard box before and get some goals. Hasn't done that for ages.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, duke313 said:

He has, yes.

The first few months of it maybe. He hasn't been at the races for a loooong time now. The season is 38 league games, plus.

Just now, est1874 said:

The first few months of it maybe. He hasn't been at the races for a loooong time now. The season is 38 league games, plus.

Is there an echo in here?

Just now, AndyM3000 said:

Thought McGinn was very good in that RM slot protecting Konsa and moving into the pockets when we had the ball. He also knows he's only got one way to play from that RM slot, it's easier for him to use his body to battle and turn into space. He can't be doing that in front of our own CBs, it's way too risky.

Likewise I haven't seen Luiz get into the box since Kamara was injured, he used to arrive on the edge and even attack the 6 yard box before and get some goals. Hasn't done that for ages.

I agree, both have been completely restricted since the loss of Kamara. Tielemans goes along way to help plug the gaps in the middle as the addition CM but without him both McGinn and Luiz look too stretched. 

I just think playing Rodgers, Diaby and Bailey restricts the central midfield from imposing themselves on the game. We become too maverick instead of being a more solid and balanced midfield. 

5 minutes ago, est1874 said:

I think he's been off it since the international break personally, not really any further back than that. He's still had a good few individual performances in 2024 in line with what he was doing earlier in the season.

13 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

I’m with Unai…

YOU ARE OUR LIGHT

"Have responsibility" - very few players have been taking this of late.

No Kamara or Tielemans = no control.

7 minutes ago, avfc1982am said:

I agree, both have been completely restricted since the loss of Kamara. Tielemans goes along way to help plug the gaps in the middle as the addition CM but without him both McGinn and Luiz look too stretched. 

I just think playing Rodgers, Diaby and Bailey restricts the central midfield from imposing themselves on the game. We become too maverick instead of being a more solid and balanced midfield. 

Yeah I'd agree, with Dougie and McGinn in there, we need one more to try and get some sort of control.

• Like 1

Â