Douglas Luiz

LondonLax

3 hours ago, Tomaszk said:

Another poor performance where he didn't do enough. Coasted.

Not a good pen. Fortunate IMO. It is good he's moving round the goal though, don't think he's hit two the same yet.

Don't remember his penalty run up being quite that silly and elaborate? Could be mistaken. 

If he must have Kamara next to him to not be anonymous then he's not the player I thought he was to be honest. I expect better because he's outrageously talented. I think Emery will as well.

Be interesting to see him moved forward if we bring in another midfielder. He'll have to quicken it up for sure.

For me it's not about him needed his mate it's about the balance of the team and the relationship ship you build with other players.

4 minutes ago, Spoony said:

He needs Bouba. With Bouba he is world class. It’s the one worrying thing with Villa - we are very very reliant on our starting XI. I use worry loosely given we are 2nd in the league lol.

I’d say we are a top team but a few injuries to key players and we can drop to a mid table team. Injuries / suspensions will decide our fate this season when it comes to a top 4 finish more than those around us.  For them it will decide who wins the league. 

• Like 1

Incidentally, I knew we had a penalty desperately chancing a look at Villa Talk but was then handed a poopy child by my wife in an area with limited signal and I was out of the game. I didn’t see anything again until after FT so I just got to see 3-2 and sigh relief. If I had to watch that double crossbar challenge Dougie attempted, my child wouldn’t have been the only poopy one…

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Risso said:

Try 15 hours! And the sound of it hitting the bar will haunt my dreams for months! There was a lull in the stands before it bounced down and over the line, think I aged about 10 years in that split second.

I counted it sadly on the playback. 17 seconds from the ref whistling to it hitting the crossbar !!  Not used to having players with so much self belief and massive low hanging balls of steel. 

2 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Not his best few games but the really has balls of steel for that penalty. Well done Dougie! 

I was watching the sky pundits for the penalty and the guy was describing the goal like he was extremely fortunate to have scored it. Just seen it again on MOTD and its a more a brilliant pen than lucky. Come off the underside and landed at least a foot over the line. Cold 🥶 🤣

• Like 1

The improvement to his English is stunning. He must be working hard at it. He’s picking up the nuances in questions that aren’t particularly well worded or easy to guess. Seems really comfortable in his own skin. 

Is he picking up a bit of a brummie accent, too? Listen to his ‘so’ and ‘know’ right at the start of the video and his ‘know what I mean’ at 0:30! 

• Like 3

Â