Douglas Luiz

LondonLax

4 hours ago, sne said:

Rumors about players going to Arsenal, Manu U, Liverpool and so on gets clicks. I'm sure Arsenal would love to sign Dougie but unless there is a clause they have zero chance to do so anytime soon.

Bit impressed that the media are saying we might ask for £60m thou. Thought they would want us to sell him for £35m or something...

60 would have to be a starting bid, it wouldn’t surprise me if he is worth 80 right now 

• Like 2

Just now, paul514 said:

60 would have to be a starting bid, it wouldn’t surprise me if he is worth 80 right now 

Only way we sell under £100m is if he has a clause imo. Media will always try to sell our players on the cheap but as I said I'm impressed they think we might ask for £60m.

6 minutes ago, AV82 said:

Is this not the same Douglas who rejected Arsenal despite us having a clown in charge? He's going nowhere.

Slightly different though. That would have been him leaving for a minimal fee and if we'd sold him at that stage with how everything was going, the fanbase would have revolted. He himself surely wouldn't have wanted to leave on those terms either.

If he left now it would be for a big fee while we're on the up. I doubt he'll go anywhere either but you can't rule it out.

Edited by Tom13
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, AV82 said:

Is this not the same Douglas who rejected Arsenal despite us having a clown in charge? He's going nowhere.

I don’t think he’s going anywhere but no he didn’t reject them. We rejected their bid. 

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

I'd take Smith-Rowe and cash.

£140m should do it.

Think I'd rather just have the cash at this point. Nothing more annoying than these bellend clubs trying to take our best players with some cast off in a swap deal 

On 12/11/2023 at 22:32, Brumstopdogs said:

Love this from Luiz - what a class act!

On 12/11/2023 at 22:32, Brumstopdogs said:

Love this from Luiz - what a class act!

It’s uplifting to see this sort of thing from Dougie, we seem to have not only a lot of good players at the club but also good people too  ok ultimately players are judged by how they play, but we shouldn’t dismiss acts of kindness like this, after all the world is always quick to criticise players when they don’t act well and so it’s only fair to recognise when they go out of their way to be kind to ordinary mortals like this clearly delighted and overjoyed young lad and his family. There’s more to bring s great club than winning lots of football matches. Well done Dougie’s great performance on every respect last weekend, keep it up and stay where you’re appreciated UTV!!!!!!!!  Form is temporary but class is permanent  and in the fabric of this club throughout. It’s not found everywhere in football but here it’s in abundance and shows itself at times like this. We support a club to be very proud of and hopefully that will soon manifest itself in winning trophies, which I hope we will do and still maintain our class, stay humble, stay proud and stay classy By far the greatest team, the world has ever seen  Aston Villa FC.  Owners, directors, coaches, players and of course us fans. What a class act we are! UTV!!!  The only time we haven’t been classy was when we suffered a touch of Scouse fever which we fortunately came through we no longer have a pseudo hard man as our manager who demands to be looked in the eye but commands little respect in regards to his management ability. We’re not like thst around here and now we have a manager befitting this great club and who knows how to behave and win.  Thanks Unai you’re a credit to the club and remain dignified in all situations  UTV!

• Like 1

Â