Douglas Luiz

LondonLax

9 minutes ago, Mantis said:

There are about 10 Villa players I wouldn't swap Biscuit Shins for - and Dougie is top of the list.

Ridiculous. 

Douglas Luiz maybe not for a swap, but you've got a further nine players that you wouldn't swap for Jack Grealish. 

• Haha 1

49 minutes ago, Steero113 said:

Ridiculous. 

Douglas Luiz maybe not for a swap, but you've got a further nine players that you wouldn't swap for Jack Grealish. 

Honestly? Yes.

Not wanting to swap Luiz is a no brainer - he's got 3 years on Grealish for one thing and top quality players in his position are harder to come by than top quality players in Grealish's position.

Then my list would be: Martinez, Konsa, Kamara, Ramsey and Diaby. Possibly Zaniolo depending on how this season goes. So maybe not 10 but definitely a few.

• Haha 4

5 hours ago, Mantis said:

There are about 10 Villa players I wouldn't swap Biscuit Shins for - and Dougie is top of the list.

Agree. Man City Jack doesn't even get into our first 11. He looks half the player he was at Villa. Glad we cashed in when we did. 

Douglas is so far beyond him. Can play anywhere on the pitch bar keeper and do a job. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Mantis said:

Honestly? Yes.

Not wanting to swap Luiz is a no brainer - he's got 3 years on Grealish for one thing and top quality players in his position are harder to come by than top quality players in Grealish's position.

Then my list would be: Martinez, Konsa, Kamara, Ramsey and Diaby. Possibly Zaniolo depending on how this season goes. So maybe not 10 but definitely a few.

like my uncle on Boxing Day after the 2-2 with Arsenal “I’m some five minutes away son I’m just by the Airport “….. 

2 hours ago, Rich192 said:

Some absolute nonsense on this page. You can not want Grealish back because you haven’t forgiven him for leaving, but to say he wouldn’t be the best player in our team, or even get in to our team is absolute biased nonsense I’m afraid. 

Anyway, to get back on topic, Douglas is the man, and I’m concerned that he’s not starting tonight! 

Agree absolute drivel! 

Dougie the man!

8 hours ago, mikeyp102 said:

Dougie makes us tick, he just moves the ball that much quicker than everyone else putting us on the front foot more.

When he makes a forward pass out to his right, he’ll almost never stop, turn and play it with his instep. Imstead he pings it with the outside of the foot. Saves half a second each time (and looks better obviously).

12 hours ago, Rich192 said:

Some absolute nonsense on this page. You can not want Grealish back because you haven’t forgiven him for leaving, but to say he wouldn’t be the best player in our team, or even get in to our team is absolute biased nonsense I’m afraid. 

Grealish would be one of the best players in our team without doubt but I genuinely believe Dougie and Martinez are slightly above him in ranking.  Dougie is a fabulous player, the player that makes us tick in the middle of park.  I don’t know who is his competition for Brazil but they are missing a trick not having him imo, just an incredible midfielder. Martinez is just a world class keeper.  

You may disagree but I’d pick those two over Grealish but that doesn’t diminish how highly I rate Grealish, I just think we are very lucky to have some real quality at the moment.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, blunther said:

We're reliant on this fella just like we relied on Grealish under Smith. The absolute heart of the team. 

Wanted to post that word for word last night but fell asleep. 100% this. Wouldn't take 100m for him at the moment, as he's so crucial to the way we want to play.

Pundits went on about McGinn being our talisman last night but Dougie is the heart of our team and absolutely changed the game when he came on. He's pure class and our best outfield player by a mile.

• Like 3

Â