Douglas Luiz

LondonLax

6 hours ago, Adam2003 said:

I care because if he played for, for example, Chelsea he’d start every game for Brazil. So we want the same to be true about Villa to not have him see the likes of Chelsea as a step up. 

I fully understand what you are saying and don’t disagree really. Just purely being selfish from an Aston Villa point of view 👍🏻

I was literally telling my mates how calm he is when he rolled his goal in at the end there. Prompting a well timed "see, there you go." :D

Scoring goals, running games, winning games, time for a call up to the Seleção Canarinha. Jogador brilhante.

• Like 1

whether it was purslow or gerrard, whomever it was gets big credit for getting him to sign. not doubting we'd have still achieved great things under unai, but he's so pivotal to the way we play that you do have to wonder what would've happened if he'd have left last January

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Pinebro said:

I agree.

Weird thing is I still have no idea what type of player he is.

Is he a DM? Is he box to box? Is he a deep lying playmaker?

He seem to do a bit of everything and I struggle to categorize him which we tend to do with modern midfielders.

Old fashioned box to box , does it all 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, TheMelvillan said:

He is such a tactical leader on the pitch now too - constantly communicating and directing play. He really has grown as a player for us and it's great to see.

He totally knew what he was doing fouling that lad by head butting him in the shins before our goal by the way  😆

image.gif

I know we’ve been snake bitten before but he does seem a loyal guy. Could have easily left to Arsenal when that football terrorist wasn’t even bothering to start him. 

Give him a big contract and let’s continue to be on the up. 

3 minutes ago, DJBOB said:

I know we’ve been snake bitten before but he does seem a loyal guy. Could have easily left to Arsenal when that football terrorist wasn’t even bothering to start him. 

Give him a big contract and let’s continue to be on the up. 

He does. My fear is Real coming calling though. Luckily they're stacked in midfidld but he'd still add loads of quality. Fingers crossed we continue on the up and maybe even scrape a CL spot.

21 minutes ago, Brumstopdogs said:

If that isnt the perfect representation of a modern midfielder then i don't know what is. He can make things tick, play defence splitting passes,  play 1 2s for fun , score , tackle and take a mean free kick and corner. Oh yeah and take penalties. ... 

• Like 3

38 minutes ago, Brumstopdogs said:

Just incredible. He does some things that Rodri can't do. He also takes so many good little touches that take the ball away from his opponent. He's become phenomenal at protecting the ball.

4 hours ago, Tomaszk said:

I'd be waving the Grealish contract we had on the table at him.

We cannot bring a player of this level in. They all cost £100m.

Lesser players at Chelsea cost £115m!

1 minute ago, Villa87 said:

The way his team mates speak about him shows how good he is. Absolute lynchpin for us. Need to get champions league or players like Luiz and Martinez may look to leave. 

The way the group spirit seems, I think if we get there before their contracts get close to expiring we should be ok. I don't see them asking to leave this or next summer if we keep progressing under Emery.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, sne said:

Media is still gonna want to sell him to Maunre or Arsenal for £35m in January.

The summer was full of those stories. I actually really enjoy them. Pig headed idiot 'bigger' clubs thinking they can take whoever they want.

"Man United want to sign Ezri Konsa but feel Villa's valuation is off, they're confident they can secure a deal for £35m"

• Like 1

Â