Douglas Luiz

LondonLax

16 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

If Doug had a release clause and Spurs triggered it, I don't think he'd go.

There are a group of clubs ahead of us, they're also ahead of Spurs - that move doesn't get him into the title race - it's unlikely it gets him into the Champions League over the course of the next three or four years - it doesn't get him anything he hasn't got here - I don't see why he'd want to go. 

I wouldn't be particularly afraid of them either.  Even playing devil's advocate, the only things I could think of would be the possibility of a significant pay rise and some kind of a signing fee that comes with moving clubs. That, and the recency bias of Spurs being a consistent CL club over the past few years. But I don't see them returning to that any time soon. Especially if Kane goes anywhere. So yeah, I think he'd be hopping from one escalator to another, with both of them going very much in opposite directions.

• Like 3

The sun saying arsenal and spurs battling it out to sign him as if it’s a done deal he leaves. Unless the is a a release clause which I feel like the isn’t because we would have heard about it I would assume he would be fetching £80 million ? Given his form last season. I would say the is zero chance arsenal spend that much after just spending the best part of £150 mill on rice and timber. Spurs well that’s just a laughable suggestion from a silly little club so no point even discussing 

2 minutes ago, punkiller1981 said:

The sun saying arsenal and spurs battling it out to sign him as if it’s a done deal he leaves. Unless the is a a release clause which I feel like the isn’t because we would have heard about it I would assume he would be fetching £80 million ? Given his form last season. I would say the is zero chance arsenal spend that much after just spending the best part of £150 mill on rice and timber. Spurs well that’s just a laughable suggestion from a silly little club so no point even discussing 

Plus the 65m for Havertz. No way Arsenal can splash out much more? Would be very disappointed if he went to Spurs. Would be a step back right now. 
Plus also, the Sun is shit. 

Edited by Tayls

27 minutes ago, Villatillidie95 said:

Arsenal after him apparently, one of my family members is well connected there and looks like they are going to try and do what they did last summer

Well I guess we find out whether there is a release clause then because I can’t see us selling him unless there is.

19 minutes ago, WallisFrizz said:

Well I guess we find out whether there is a release clause then because I can’t see us selling him unless there is.

I hope there isnt, he would cost them more than Havertz at the minimum. Tbh i dont see Luiz pushing for a move at all, he seems happy and settled here and is a pivotal part of the team. At Arsenal that isnt guaranteed.

21 minutes ago, Villatillidie95 said:

I hope there isnt, he would cost them more than Havertz at the minimum. Tbh i dont see Luiz pushing for a move at all, he seems happy and settled here and is a pivotal part of the team. At Arsenal that isnt guaranteed.

They would also probably be signing him as a DM and whilst he is good there we know that's not his favourite or best position. Him being slightly more free to forward is really his best position as it unlocks his forward movement, passing, crossing, positioning and balls striking ability. 

The thought of Dougie leaving is very upsetting.

Could happen, let's hope it doesn't. Let's hope he's invested enough in Emery and happy with the South American group we have going on.

I genuinely believe he loves Villa, but that doesn't mean he couldn't be tempted by a move.

Edited by Tom13

It could happen. Last time somebody signed an unexpected new contract with us there turned out to be a release clause that let them leave at the next opportunity. Arsenal seem to be properly back and can offer Champions League.

Hopefully it doesn't happen, and certainly not to  Spurs: The Wilderness Years, but we'd be better able to cope with him going now than at most points recently I'd say, and if he wants the move and/or has a release clause the club is probably well on top of it and has a plan

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Annoyman said:

It could happen. Last time somebody signed an unexpected new contract with us there turned out to be a release clause that let them leave at the next opportunity. Arsenal seem to be properly back and can offer Champions League.

Hopefully it doesn't happen, and certainly not to  Spurs: The Wilderness Years, but we'd be better able to cope with him going now than at most points recently I'd say, and if he wants the move and/or has a release clause the club is probably well on top of it and has a plan

Yeah but Dougy isn’t a world class Villa fan who says he believes in the project and wants to see it through. Only players who say that will leave.

• Haha 1

I’m not feeling worried about Doug going… if he had a release clause, it would have been triggered already. There doesn’t seem many if any vibes that he wants to go. He seems content with us. 

If he does go, we are going to get some good money for him and we have our replacement signed already. 

mum feeling chill about this 

Â