Douglas Luiz

LondonLax

Didn't impose himself on the game today, I'm still not sure about him as a top 4 player. Out of the 3 we have there now McGinn is more affective and Ramsey has a higher ceiling. Kamara is a better player. Would like to see Aran Ramsey given a chance in there as well and maybe a new player being brought in I think he may find it difficult  next season. 

• Haha 2

12 hours ago, tinker said:

Didn't impose himself on the game today, I'm still not sure about him as a top 4 player. Out of the 3 we have there now McGinn is more affective and Ramsey has a higher ceiling. Kamara is a better player. Would like to see Aran Ramsey given a chance in there as well and maybe a new player being brought in I think he may find it difficult  next season. 

You are mental. Ramsey does not have a higher ceiling than Dougie. Nor McGinn, Kamara still has much to do and develop. 

He's our best midfielder period.  I've heard it all now jeez. 

• Like 2

Thought i would check his sofa score to see how difficult a game he had.  Suprised hugely  as they gave him a higher score yesterday than against Newcastle. 

Was a hard game for everyone yesterday but he didnt go missing . He is a key player these days. 

• Like 1

His caretaking ability of the ball has improved so much. In the last 2 years, there was usually a loose touch or a flick too many in our own half that gave away the ball. He still has those in his locker but he's much more economical with his passing but also still displays his distribution going forward as well.

Needs Kamara next to him to recreate our build up. It's too one sided right now with the absence of Kamara and Bailey providing progression on the right.

On 30/04/2023 at 22:26, tinker said:

Aaron Ramsey cannot play in the Luiz/Kamara position. He doesn't have the defensive side to his game.

• 2 weeks later...
On 26/01/2022 at 15:18, BOF said:

Can't help feeling we would really regret selling him. I think if we get a proper DCM, Luiz as an 8 is a potentially great player. We saw it against Man City. The problem is accommodating everyone. At present he would have to oust either Ramsey or McGinn. Neither option is particularly palatable. Just the thoughts of him turning out for Liverpool is horrible. He's still only 23. Maybe United throwing cash at us for McGinn would solve that dilemma for us.

Very glad we managed to avoid both Liverpool and then Arsenal getting their greasy claws on him so far. And now at least we have a better idea of what we've got, and he has a better idea of where we're going. I think it'd take a fortune to buy him now.

Before he took the freekick I literally said "I don't rate Luiz as a freekick taker. I rate him as a corner taker and in everything else but not freekicks".

Shows how much I know.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Mantis said:

Before he took the freekick I literally said "I don't rate Luiz as a freekick taker. I rate him as a corner taker and in everything else but not freekicks".

Shows how much I know.

The commentator said "this is definitely Douglas Luiz range" and I was like as if Luiz ever scored a free kick before. He took that personally.

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, Mantis said:

Shows how much I know.

We'd already figured that out 😬

😜

• Haha 1

Â