Douglas Luiz

LondonLax

Just now, wilko154 said:

Personally I would take £25 million and try to get someone in tonight to replace him.

This is completely our own fault, we should have given Luiz a deadline to sign a new deal over the summer; and if he didn't sign it we could have sold him. That would then have given us plenty of time to replace him.

We've gambled and we will now either lose him on deadline day, or lose him for nothing next summer.

This. Plus he really wants to go so his morale can't exactly be high if we say no.

And he doesn't play even without Dendoncker in the team so is Gerrard going to start playing him now? No chance.

Like most things we've not really planned ahead on this at all.

38 minutes ago, Chine said:

Genuine question, is 20% of profit or 20% of the transfer fee ?

I think it’s the profit… but could be wrong. Just for reference we bought him for £15m

Edited by Tayls
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, jacketspuds said:

This. Plus he really wants to go so his morale can't exactly be high if we say no.

And he doesn't play even without Dendoncker in the team so is Gerrard going to start playing him now? No chance.

Like most things we've not really planned ahead on this at all.

We can’t sell him now though without a replacement, it’s too late.  Arsenal was too late to get this done.

1 minute ago, Tayls said:

I think it’s the profit… but could be wrong. 

20% of anything over a £15m transfer fee.  So if a £30m fee which is £15m over so they get £3m (20%), we get £12m plus £15m, so we get £27m.

Edited by nick76
  • Haha 1

Gerrard was very forthright that he knew Dougs agent really well ( same as Coutinho)  and we were working on extending his deal. And at the same time didnt pick him regularly this season.   Just a bit of advice for Steven. Just because Kia was all friendly and cuddly when negotiating the Coutinho deal does not mean for a second he will be like that for Dougie. He gets loads less for signing a new deal than for moving clubs.  And moving as a squad player for a bottom 3 club to squad player for the team top of the league. Who will play euro football and will play attractive invisive attacking football that might get him back into the Brazil squad. 

You just cannot blame him wanting to go

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, wilko154 said:

Personally I would take £25 million and try to get someone in tonight to replace him.

This is completely our own fault, we should have given Luiz a deadline to sign a new deal over the summer; and if he didn't sign it we could have sold him. That would then have given us plenty of time to replace him.

We've gambled and we will now either lose him on deadline day, or lose him for nothing next summer.

In the next 3 hours? 

4 minutes ago, nick76 said:

20% of anything over a £15m transfer fee.  So if a £30m fee which is £15m over so they get £3m (20%), we get £12m plus £15m, so we get £27m.

Thanks bud. I almost didn’t know what a percentage of profit was there for a second… 😁

• Haha 3

5 minutes ago, nick76 said:

We can’t sell him now though without a replacement, it’s too late.  Arsenal was too late to get this done.

I agree, we're in a pretty shit position though as we have a player that wants to leave, who we don't play, we could get £25m for now, but will leave for free next summer.

26 minutes ago, wilko154 said:

Take the £25m and give it to Poch to manage us for the next two years.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Awol said:

I don’t want to sell Luiz, but if was forced then Sangare is available for €40m (Chelsea didn’t want to pay that fee). That’s a pretty radical upgrade for not much money. 

Didn’t he sign a new contract like last week?

2 minutes ago, a m ole said:

Didn’t he sign a new contract like last week?

Yep, but Chelsea were still in for him and he was available. Contract might have been to max his value if the right offer came in.

Edited by Awol
  • Like 1

Just now, Awol said:

Yep, but Chelsea were still in for him and he was available. Contest might have been to max his value if the right offer came in.

I saw him play a full game the other week, was it against Rangers? He looked top quality. Granted, it was against a team our current manager looked capabale at.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Awol said:

I don’t want to sell Luiz, but if was forced then Sangare is available for €40m (Chelsea didn’t want to pay that fee). That’s a pretty radical upgrade for not much money. 

Let’s do it. Can you do a medical after submitting, sorry FAXING, the paperwork to the PL?

21 minutes ago, ferguson1 said:

Could also be an issue if the deal doesn’t happen now. Will Luiz be so p%^*# off that we then stop playing him all together? 

To be fair to Doug seems like a model pro and not the type to have a strop.

Â