Douglas Luiz

LondonLax

I don't really get this notion that people are only rating him because he's not been playing, as if there isn't documented evidence everywhere of loads of Villa fans rating him for years? Not to mention him clearly attracting the interest of teams better than us.

I'd be gutted to lose him but I can't even blame him for wanting to leave. It's a joke that he hasn't been played more and you already know he's one of those that will go on to flourish elsewhere and make Villa live to regret it.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MrBlack said:

Says it all. 

Linked with Arsenal, Liverpool, Roma, Chelsea and Athletico Madrid.

But not good enough to start for us.

🙄

Not really mate, he will be a squad player at all the clubs stated. At £20m it’s a no brainer for these teams. I guarantee if he had longer on his contract he would be valued at nearer £50m none of the above would be interested!!

1 minute ago, WHY said:

Not really mate, he will be a squad player at all the clubs stated. At £20m it’s a no brainer for these teams. I guarantee if he had longer on his contract he would be valued at nearer £50m none of the above would be interested!!

And squad players at those clubs are likely all good enough start for us too. Certainly based on current form.

1 minute ago, MrBlack said:

You are aware we were drawing until he came off, and only conceded after he left the pitch. 

We were also never going to score with him on the pitch unless he pulls another corner out his backside 

8 minutes ago, CarryOnVilla said:

If we get £30m for him, I’d be reasonably happy. 

He’s only our current (2nd) best midfielder, because the others are out of form or not playing. 

4 months ago, the consensus was “he isn’t good enough” and he must go. it funny how desperation changes peoples minds and worse yet, perspective. 

if we get £30m, we’ve done great business.

Especially if we move to a new formation with 2 CMs and a 10 - 4 2 3 1 or even a 4 3 3 with Buendia/Coutinho as 8s

1 minute ago, grobs said:

I mean midfield is pretty critical in creating from open play 

It is in a normal team,  but you can't say Luiz is being expected to create given his primary role is to cover the full back.

The blame lies on the shape and formation. Luiz scoring from a corner is about the only positive impact he's being asked to make from an offensive perspective.

I'm 100% sure he could help create fun open play, if he was given a proper role.

All a bit of a moot point sadly, as Gerrard will be gone soon and Luiz isn't hanging around here when he'll get a massive payrise and a better club in 11 months time. 

I was very much indifferent if he stayed or was sold in the summer because I was under the impression we were going to be upgrading that position significantly (which we did with Bouba) a long with getting an 8 too. 

This moment in time seeing how its all gone, we need him. But cant blame him for wanting out, look at the state of us. He gets to move to a bigger club, top of the table, get a payrise, live in LDN, of course he wants the move. Gerrard barely starts him, so yeah; What a great start to the season 

Just now, CVByrne said:

Especially if we move to a new formation with 2 CMs and a 10 - 4 2 3 1 or even a 4 3 3 with Buendia/Coutinho as 8s

Maybe. 

I just feel like missing out on £30m is a bit daft, especially when we have a squad that’s far better than the relegation fears… honestly, once we get a new manager and the results come, we won’t care that’s he’s gone 

I think he goes Arsenal, next summer. 

I've put 2+2 together and come up with 5. After watching the way him and Jesus interacted last night, with PC walking off as they started engaging in convo, I reckon the convo went along the lines of,

GJ "you coming here",

DL: "My agents working on it"

GJ: "good" 

DL: "yeah, Gerrard's a div",

GJ: "I think the world can see that"

DL: "Anyway bro, if I don't make it tomorrow, I'll be here next summer earning better money with a better team"

GJ: "Tru dat".

1 minute ago, CarryOnVilla said:

honestly, once we get a new manager and the results come, we won’t care that’s he’s gone 

Once we get a new manager I will be even more frustrated that we have let this one flog off various young players who could be far more useful to us on the field.

Â