Douglas Luiz

LondonLax

Just now, villa89 said:

I imagine Gerrard has very little say in how much a player is sold for and obviously the club aren't going to sell Luiz to Liverpool for 15m if Madrid are offering 20m. That article you quoted is absolute clickbait tosh. 

What I suppose he can do is say that we have enough players and sanction him leaving. I understand he won't be picking the buyer or negotiate the price.

Very underestimated and still very young. Miles ahead of Ramsey and McGinn in terms of game intelligence and positional sense. The only midfielder who as developed a good chemistry with Kamara. 

Would be a big step back to lose him.

I must admit I had thought, that he had signed a new contract. If he hasn't we are in the same boat as we were at the start of the season, when the choice was to keep him for this season and lose him for nothing in twelve months, or sell him for around £15m - £25m now. A lot of us wanted to take the second option and I guess the club might see it that way too. If Liverpool are in for him, then he is likely to want to go, if only to do a Jack and spend a lot of time sitting on a bench, so will we get much out of him if we do hold onto him for the last 12 months? 

I would like him to stay and I would also like him to have signed another contract, but that looks increasingly unlikely. I don't really see this one is down to SG, he would prefer to have him available to him, than not. If he does go, I want to see the £40m we have received for midfield players spent in this window on a player that would cost us at least that. We could also use a loan or two from whichever club buys him, as a part of any deal. This isn't the transfer news that I was wanting to hear this morning (it's a Wednesday too!) :(

7 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

If Luiz doesn’t want to commit to the club that’s his prerogative also  

If he’d been played by Gerrard we’d have had a much bigger chance of keeping him though.

it’s a mistake to have not kept him happy enough, there’s nothing to be mad at him for.

1 minute ago, The_Steve said:

If Luiz told the club he had no intention of committing to a new deal they are well within their rights to pursue the best deal for the club, as he is entitled to pursue the best deal for him. 

Of course. He definitely hadn’t said that before though hence Gerrard’s comments in preseason in relation to Chukwuemeka.

If we played him, he likely wouldn’t want to leave. He clearly loves it here.

4 minutes ago, a m ole said:

Of course. He definitely hadn’t said that before though hence Gerrard’s comments in preseason in relation to Chukwuemeka.

If we played him, he likely wouldn’t want to leave. He clearly loves it here.

Oh yeah, I’d be very sad if he leaves. The only scenario where I think he stays is that he knows Gerrard is off. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

If Luiz told the club he had no intention of committing to a new deal they are well within their rights to pursue the best deal for the club, as he is entitled to pursue the best deal for him. 

It's weird there have been so many strong rumours that he had signed a new deal.  I'm surprised Utd haven't tried bringing him in to play with Casemiro like they do for Brazil but I guess they have Fred for that.  I find it worrying that 3 central midfielders (Chuk, Doug and Sanson) don't seem to want to stick around and play for one of the PL's best ever central midfielders.

Just now, sharkyvilla said:

It's weird there have been so many strong rumours that he had signed a new deal.  I'm surprised Utd haven't tried bringing him in to play with Casemiro like they do for Brazil but I guess they have Fred for that.  I find it worrying that 3 central midfielders (Chuk, Doug and Sanson) don't seem to want to stick around and play for one of the PL's best ever central midfielders.

Yes. I do find it all a bit strange. Nothing indicates that he’s solely driven by money. I don’t know what’s happened to suddenly be at this juncture where we lose yet another name for reasons that are equally alienating to us. 

Just now, sharkyvilla said:

Chuk was only after the money so for me he doenst come into the conversation.

Sandon and luiz definitely have grounds as they have been used poorly by gerrard 

Â