Douglas Luiz

LondonLax

3 hours ago, Delphinho123 said:

We need to sell him if he doesn’t sign a new deal this Summer

I think he would be happy to run down his contract if no suitable offer comes in for him this summer from a Champions League club. The fact City hold a sell on clause also complicates things as I assume we want that removed if we extend his contract. 

6 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

I think he would be happy to run down his contract if no suitable offer comes in for him this summer from a Champions League club. The fact City hold a sell on clause also complicates things as I assume we want that removed if we extend his contract. 

I thought they had a buyback option and not a sell on clause?

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, barry'sboots said:

I thought they had a buyback option and not a sell on clause?

David Ornstein reported they have a sell on clause still in contract but buy back has expired.

Percy reporting we are hopeful he'll sign a new deal. So we'll wait and see. Luiz might want to wait and see if any offers come in Jan when he can discuss with teams abroad and sign a new deal in Feb or March at Villa if he decides to stay

I wouldn't be surprised if he's already signed a new contract and we're wating for Carney Chukwuemeka to officially leave first before announcing it, as it's better to follow bad news with good news rather than the other way around. Another reason for me thinking that is that I'm pretty sure when Percy reports we're in negotiations with a player over a new contract, it's usually a lot further along than he makes out and not long after that we announce they've signed a deal, perhaps yo because the club only lets him know, when we know the deal is virtually agreed.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Delphinho123 said:

Honestly, £25m for Luiz and I wouldn’t be too upset. I’d like him to sign a new deal but it’s not like we’re losing a Grealish, Martinez etc. he is replaceable. 

I agree with most on here that he is better as an 8 but I still think he lacks a bit to his game to be a top player and a guaranteed starter here. 

There are better players out there than Luiz and yes, they might cost £40m, but the money we get for him will act as a significant chunk towards a new no.8.

It helps that Milan missed out on Chuk and didn't get him on a free next year, it may make them think twice about trying the same with Doug. And clearly Purslow didn't bottle the negotiation and take a low bid and showed he was prepared to let him leave on a free next year if our valuation was not met.

10 hours ago, CarryOnVilla said:

👀 new contract 

4 hours ago, CarryOnVilla said:

👀2025

My favourite ITK on the interweb 😍

Edited by sparrow1988
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Delphinho123 said:

Honestly, £25m for Luiz and I wouldn’t be too upset. I’d like him to sign a new deal but it’s not like we’re losing a Grealish, Martinez etc. he is replaceable. 

I agree with most on here that he is better as an 8 but I still think he lacks a bit to his game to be a top player and a guaranteed starter here. 

There are better players out there than Luiz and yes, they might cost £40m, but the money we get for him will act as a significant chunk towards a new no.8.

45 mill combined for Chuk and Luiz would allow us to get a very high calibre CM, in exchange for 2 players who had a year left on their contracts.

A couple of our posters who sometimes seem to get tidbits feel he's going nowhere though so 🤷🏾‍♂️

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 1

23 hours ago, CVByrne said:

Renewing his contract would have no effect on any sell on clause.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

Unless we bought it out from City of course 

We’ll I don’t see why we would. If he runs down his contract we never have to pay City anyway. No point giving City a bunch of money now, might be that we never need to give them anything. 

2 minutes ago, LondonLax said:

We’ll I don’t see why we would. If he runs down his contract we never have to pay City anyway. No point giving City a bunch of money now, might be that we never need to give them anything. 

Well it makes plenty of sense if the price is right as if we sign Luiz up to a new 5 year deal he will reach his peak value in 2/3 seasons where he may have improved again. We might sell then and have earn millions extra in that sale Vs what we paid City now.

Â