Douglas Luiz

LondonLax

13 hours ago, Jas10 said:

I find the communication fascinating. So I’m assuming three of them are speaking in Portuguese but is Emi speaking in Spanish yet they all understand as it’s a similar language or is he speaking in Portuguese too?

2 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I find the communication fascinating. So I’m assuming three of them are speaking in Portuguese but is Emi speaking in Spanish yet they all understand as it’s a similar language or is he speaking in Portuguese too?

Spanish and Portuguese is very similar.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

They all speak Spanish or played in Spain so probably easier to speak Spanish with Emi

33 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

It's so weird this concept of people learning different languages! 😆

Why presume that the Brazilians can't speak Spanish, especially as they have all played in Spain?

The thing I find fascinating is that Diego Carlos was speaking in Spanish in his welcome interview at Bodymoor. It makes no sense (unless we're lacking access to Portuguese translators). I like listening to foreigners to Spain speaking in Spanish as it's 100x easier to understand them. But that's one clue anyway I guess—Diego Carlos has perfect Spanish.

Edited by Rolta
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Rolta said:

It's so weird this concept of people learning different languages! 😆

Why presume that the Brazilians can't speak Spanish, especially as they have all played in Spain?

The thing I find fascinating is that Diego Carlos was speaking in Spanish in his welcome interview at Bodymoor. It makes no sense (unless we're lacking access to Portuguese translators). I like listening to foreigners to Spain speaking in Spanish as it's 100x easier to understand them. But that's one clue anyway I guess—Diego Carlos has perfect Spanish.

Fair point, I just though I heard them speaking in Portuguese though. (Ok I lie, I ain’t got a clue). 

Either way it’s cool they all understand each other and look to be getting on well.

• Like 1

On 23/07/2022 at 13:00, ferguson1 said:

Luiz has to start most games along with Kamara. It’s then do you pick Ramsey or McGinn to play alongside them?

Ramsey, more goal threat and better at linking with likes of Coutinho and Buendia in final third. Plus he's improving season in season out while McGinn has basically plateaued at top level now.

I still hold out hope we'll sign another CM but it looks remote if Doug is still here until January.

• Like 2

On 24/07/2022 at 05:25, Villa87 said:

I think if he leaves in a years time he will make us incredibly frustrated that he wasn’t played as an 8 / tied down to a new deal. I can see him stepping up a level given a consistent run if games as an 8 in a new team. I think he goes at the end of his contract - been a good servant for the club and excellent value for £15 million. He will have done 4 years and be ready for a new challenge I reckon. 

That's the thing for me, even if he does well as an 8 this season it will be very frustrating to see him leave on a free and then have to find 30-40m to replace him. And also wonder why he's only started regularly playing in that position given he's been here since summer 2019.

That first season we could've played Nakamba-Luiz-McGinn for example but think that combination was only tried in a few games (even after Grealish got moved out to the left).

Him and Kamara as the double pivot in a 4-2-3-1 does have loads of potential but don't see the manager playing that.

Interesting times with Doug, perhaps we'll sell him in Jan instead.

4 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Ramsey, more goal threat and better at linking with likes of Coutinho and Buendia in final third. Plus he's improving season in season out while McGinn has basically plateaued at top level now.

I still hold out hope we'll sign another CM but it looks remote if Doug is still here until January.

Yeah we also need to be building towards our next phase now, we can't sacrifice JJ's development for McGinn.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

I agree in that we should be starting Kamara, Luiz and Ramsey most games this season, unless a new no8 is signed.  McGinn obviously won’t like it but I do feel we’re outgrowing him now. 

Â