Ezri Konsa

MaVilla

5 hours ago, UpTheVilla26 said:

So the big nosed prick sat at VP, watched us dismantle Brighton - who had Dunk playing - then proceeds to call Dunk up, over a player in Ezri who has been in superb form for months and in the same game, barring 1 goal, didn't give Brighton a sniff.

It really is pathetic.

Also picks Stones, who hasn't played in 2 months and has only been fit enough to be on the bench for one match. Two months without game time = international call-up??

12 minutes ago, a-k said:

Also picks Stones, who hasn't played in 2 months and has only been fit enough to be on the bench for one match. Two months without game time = international call-up??

Gotta be careful of recency bias 🙄🙄

• 2 weeks later...

So he tops the PL charts for "true tackles win rate" at 95% which is an amazing stat.

That's top of all players in the PL, when he makes a tackle attempt he gets the ball. It's because he's so good at using his pace to get between opposition players and the ball. 

Hes such a good defender. I can't believe I ever doubted him. 

• Like 4

The Athletic have a top 10 "Roles Royce defenders" since 2018/19 and Konsa is in 10th place. 

Jacob Ramsey just missed out on top 10 Midfielders. 

List was based on stats like true tackles and dribbled past for defenders and progressive carries and true tackles for midfielders

I sometimes wonder if Ezri’s profile does not do him any favours ? He seems a humble and understated person to me - he has been outstanding and without question, deserving of an opportunity - but he doesn’t appear to want to beat his own drum. 
Seem to remember baggies fans many years ago - beating the drum on Bryan Robsons behalf, I think they bombarded the FA with letters and he did get a call up.

Maybe someone with much better IT skills than I have, could start a similar campaign on behalf of Ezri??

On 20/10/2023 at 12:54, CVByrne said:

So he tops the PL charts for "true tackles win rate" at 95% which is an amazing stat.

That's top of all players in the PL, when he makes a tackle attempt he gets the ball. It's because he's so good at using his pace to get between opposition players and the ball. 

Hes such a good defender. I can't believe I ever doubted him. 

Yes. This. Sometimes i think he has screwed up because he takes so long to win the ball. But i am missing the reason why he doesnt get beaten v often. Once he has caught up he then very subtly muscles them off the ball and gets in front of them rather than going to ground or making a huge motion that could end in conceding a free kick. He changes the dynamic from him having to make a big decision to his opponent having to make it . 

• Like 2

Â