Ezri Konsa

MaVilla

23 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Post on his insta showing him in the gym on a bike working out, maybe not as injured as made out to be

Another one putting the work on early, love to see it

Wow, only 5 weeks isn't it? That's a very speedy recovery if so.

Wouldn't light bike work be fairly early in the recovery for a knee injury? Imagine it could still be a while before we see him training with the rest of the squad

Edit: sorry just saw the jogging pic. Ok that is good news!

Edited by KentVillan

We have a good battle on at CB now. I am sure signing Carlos as a right footed CB who is experienced playing left CB is to create strong competition for places there.

It will almost certainly be Mings and Diego as the starting pair but Konsa could come in for either of them now and is good enough to keep people out if he hits the form of 20/21. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, AntrimBlack said:

Would be great if he could recover his form.

He looked amazing for a couple of seasons before last season.

Yep, maybe he was carrying an injury. If we can get him back to fork we will have incredible centre back options for the first time in 8-12 years. 

• Like 2

Every time I get excited by a player he has a disappointing season. And every time I write a player off he has a blinder. I'm like the inverse of an expert.

Since I'm frankly engorged by the prospect of a Mings / Carlos pairing, it's safe to say Konsa will have a big season.

He didn't get crap overnight, and I think like Ings he wasn't at optimal fitness for a decent chunk of last season.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Dodgyknees said:

Yep, maybe he was carrying an injury. If we can get him back to fork we will have incredible centre back options for the first time in 8-12 years. 

Competition is healthy......cream rises to the top.

I suspect, it will be a fair ole battle for shirts next season.

• Thanks 1

Â