Ezri Konsa

MaVilla

2 hours ago, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

That image doesn't look good. If it isn't an ACL injury of sorts I'll be (very pleasantly) surprised. 

A small part of me looking for positive thinks this will force the hand of Gerrard in signing a new right sided centre back...  but moreover its just a sad end to a bad season for Ezri.

Hope not as serious as it looks and he recovers quickly.

You are really in the lap of the gods if you end up with a player falling on your grounded leg.

An inch either side makes the difference between a magic sponge and a year out!

1 minute ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

A fancy way to say 4 months,

Well, as shit as this sounds, it clears the way for us signing a top class CB, without having to hurt his feelings.

Won't be fit again until September, so won't be sold in summer.  Can see him going in January if we do sign a good CB, as he'll struggle to get back into team ahead of new CB and Chambers.

• Like 1

Annoyed and frustrated with this, he was just starting to come good again.

But we'll certainly sign an experienced CB in summer to take his place, which fits the recent (and revisionist) narrative that he's our weakest link defensively.

42 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

A fancy way to say 4 months,

Well, as shit as this sounds, it clears the way for us signing a top class CB, without having to hurt his feelings.

Yeah, Nakamba had the same injury and was out for exactly 16 weeks before he was back on the bench. So Konsa should be back by first week of September at the latest

Edited by CVByrne
  • Like 1

34 minutes ago, est1874 said:

Annoyed and frustrated with this, he was just starting to come good again.

But we'll certainly sign an experienced CB in summer to take his place, which fits the recent (and revisionist) narrative that he's our weakest link defensively.

The issue isn't his defensive ability. Defensively we've been good this season under Gerrard. It's the fact Konsa offers nothing on the ball, he has non existent passing stats and we need a ball playing CB alongside Mings. 

• Like 3

Pity for the lad, missing an opportunity to secure his position with us at the start of the season and potentially to challenge for a place in the World Cup squad (after all he was on the fringe of it earlier this season). A lengthy period out, but it could have been worse and he won't miss as many games as he would have done, had this happened in the middle of the season. 

1 hour ago, CVByrne said:

Yeah, Nakamba had the same injury and was out for exactly 16 weeks before he was back on the bench. So Konsa should be back by first week of September at the latest

Interesting,  Gerrard said he was out for 14 weeks. Maybe they mean it will be 16 weeks before he's expected to be back in training in that case.

32 minutes ago, MrBlack said:

Interesting,  Gerrard said he was out for 14 weeks. Maybe they mean it will be 16 weeks before he's expected to be back in training in that case.

Yeah I was just looking at time between the game he was injured in and the Tottenham game he made the bench. 

Konsa will have no preseason so will have to spend time getting fit. Hopefully he's ready in August so he can play EFL Cup games.

We've a big winter break where he can catch up on the training pitch with a lot of the team anyway. Not as bad as a normal year

good for him and us that he isnt out for a longer period. I don't think he will be moved on at all, let him focus on his recovery and have a mental break, he has played constantly since our premier league return and has racked up almost 100 appearances for us and isnt 25 yet. Chambers will do really well in that position and we will possibly sign someone else, but this is a squad game and its not a given that he will completely lose his place in the team. Hause will move on before this guy imo. I think we will see Konsa in a villa shirt for a good few years yet.

13 hours ago, Villatillidie95 said:

good for him and us that he isnt out for a longer period. I don't think he will be moved on at all, let him focus on his recovery and have a mental break, he has played constantly since our premier league return and has racked up almost 100 appearances for us and isnt 25 yet. Chambers will do really well in that position and we will possibly sign someone else, but this is a squad game and its not a given that he will completely lose his place in the team. Hause will move on before this guy imo. I think we will see Konsa in a villa shirt for a good few years yet.

He has a contract until 2026 and we hold an option for 1 more year. He's an accomplished PL defender and if our goal is to compete in Europe and go deep in cups we need a squad of a high standard. If anything we would loan him out for a large loan fee + his wages covered ala Targett. It's the best way to maximise sale value for a quality player.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Well i dont think he will play for us much again. Can see him being sold in January 

Gives chambers and hause some game time 

All the best for your recovery ez

Hause? Him, Sanson and Traore have disappeared from the face of the earth

Â