Matt Targett

villan-scott

Weak mentality lol. Where does this crap come from. You don’t get to that level as a player with a weak mentality. He saw the writing was on the wall, felt unwanted by the new manager and didn’t fancy sitting on the bench all the rest of the season so went after a chance to play every week. 

On 19/05/2022 at 15:42, AV82 said:

Targett was right to move, he's playing well with a coach that actually plays to his players strengths instead of binning them off for a shiny new toy because he's a crap tactician.

I can only assume you’re joking?

13 minutes ago, CarryOnVilla said:

I don’t mind. tbh, I really want Targett to stay. 

he had a great stint at Newcastle and I want to see him challenging Dinge for the spot. Worse comes to worse, we have a decent backup 

Hopefully he is given a fair crack and its not the manager saying my 25million left back is automatic first choice regardless 

Should improve both

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, CarryOnVilla said:

I don’t mind. tbh, I really want Targett to stay. 

he had a great stint at Newcastle and I want to see him challenging Dinge for the spot. Worse comes to worse, we have a decent backup 

Fulham will be signing him. He's not staying here

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

Fulham will be signing him. He's not staying here

In 4 years we have gone from losing a left back to Fulham    to hoping our left back goes to Fulham as he isnt good enough for us in the managers eyes

5 minutes ago, VillaParkAvenue said:

We’ll see more players leave when new expensive players come in.

Yeah obviously, but that’s not really my point. 

my point is, he never had the chance to compete for his spot here. Be it his choice or not. 

Digne hasn’t been that much of a step up that Matt couldn’t challenge. At least a preseason would be a fair chance 

Edited by CarryOnVilla

14 minutes ago, Villa87 said:

If we can get £20 million for him then he needs to go. Attitude stinks. Ship has sailed for me with his comments as well. 

What comments?

You need to try and not take it so personally. It amazes me a man as straight-laced as Matt Targett can elicit such hatred.

• Like 2

Â