Wesley Moraes

Tomaszk

1 hour ago, nick76 said:

IMG_4694.jpeg

i’m dual nationality and I’m sorry but living in Australia for the length of time I did, I can’t let that pass despite you asking.  Sorry mate!

Yeah I've got a few Australian mates so realised it was bait as soon as I typed it 😂

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Enda said:

No.

He is struggling in the Spanish second division. That tackle ruined his career, and he is absolutely miles and miles off the pace.

Did you watch a lot of him at Levante then?

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, KMitch said:

What's the likelihood we don't get any serious offers for Wesley so he sticks around at Villa this season and Emery works his magic on him?  You have to admit that he's a different profile to any other striker we have at the club and having a huge hulking beast of a man coming off the bench to ragdoll some defenders could be useful.

Nothing spells out wasting a golden opportunity than Ollie getting a bad injury early on next season and likes of Wes and Davis actually having to start some games in competitions we want to do well in.

We've basically written them off in last 18 months so would be bizarre to go back to them and I don't see how given we will eventually get some attackers.

I think we'll just pay up last 12 months of Wes deal. Didn't we do the same with Kozak in early 2016?

2 hours ago, MaVilla said:

if anyone thinks Wesley has a future at Villa, i want some of what you are smoking!

I hope he is with us for pre season so that Emery can take a look at him, perhaps he will never come back in the same shape as before his injury, sad if so. But if he can get back to that shape, I do think he fills a profile that we currently dont have. Emery spoke about having players with different profiles to play in different ways. Wesley was in the beginning of his career playing as a no 10, I think a big strong target player as a no 10 is something we are missing. Wesley was acutally quite good in the hold up play and bringing others in to play with one or two touch passes. With the ball at his feet running towards defences he got exposed. But hold up play and then coming in the second wave I think he could do a job, if he gets back in the same shape as before. Wesley occupying a couple of defenders and creating space for Watkins to run could be a tactic in some games. 

7 minutes ago, Keener window-cleaner said:

I hope he is with us for pre season so that Emery can take a look at him, perhaps he will never come back in the same shape as before his injury, sad if so. But if he can get back to that shape, I do think he fills a profile that we currently dont have. Emery spoke about having players with different profiles to play in different ways. Wesley was in the beginning of his career playing as a no 10, I think a big strong target player as a no 10 is something we are missing. Wesley was acutally quite good in the hold up play and bringing others in to play with one or two touch passes. With the ball at his feet running towards defences he got exposed. But hold up play and then coming in the second wave I think he could do a job, if he gets back in the same shape as before. Wesley occupying a couple of defenders and creating space for Watkins to run could be a tactic in some games. 

I dunno, honestly, i have no idea how anyone could think he has a future here.

the guy is broken unfortunately, he could hardly get any game time at Internacional, then he moved to the Spanish second decision, and wasnt even a regular starter there........in the second division.

i dont understand how anyone could think this equates to being able to play at premier league level, considering his injuries, where he has been on loan, and the fact he didnt even do particularly well during those loans, if he cant do it in the Spanish second division, there is no way in a month of Sundays he can do it here.

26 minutes ago, Keener window-cleaner said:

Wes is a good passer and finisher, for sure.

1 hour ago, Keener window-cleaner said:

I like him and think he got unfairly smeared while he was here, but I don't think he has a chance at Villa anymore. He hasn't done anything to suggest he'd even be a useful squad option these days. Better off playing somewhere he can get regular minutes and try to rebuild his career.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, KentVillan said:

I like him and think he got unfairly smeared while he was here, but I don't think he has a chance at Villa anymore. He hasn't done anything to suggest he'd even be a useful squad option these days. Better off playing somewhere he can get regular minutes and try to rebuild his career.

Agree. He had a lot of raw potential and was starting to show that before that injury basically destroyed his career.

If the club had of been in a better position when we signed him and didn’t have to throw him in the deep end, we might now have a very good striker on our hands. Unfortunately that will probably never be realised. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, juanpablosaliceband said:

I wonder if Nassif could deposit 100 million into Zed FC in Egypt to buy Wesley for an Egyptian record fee and give our transfer budget a boost. 

It could prob make sense to sell him for like 10m realistic figure and would prob look good there

13 hours ago, Keener window-cleaner said:

I wouldn't want him playing up front in my SPR league team tbfh.

I'm sorry the injury happened to him. I hope he gets a big pay day somewhere after he sees out his contract with us, the only shining light is he had a long deal and I'm glad he did because he's been robbed of earning potential and future security.

...but he was never a good player, he was terrible and every summer the 45 minutes against Burnley becomes more mythical. It's pretty much on par with Roy Keane against Juve at this point. He was awful for months prior.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

Not at premier league level he wasn't. 

Oh he was, it was clear to see. Just everything else that he was lacking in and people were expecting a different type of player. And we were an awful side that season.

17 hours ago, Keener window-cleaner said:

I hope he is with us for pre season so that Emery can take a look at him, perhaps he will never come back in the same shape as before his injury, sad if so. But if he can get back to that shape, I do think he fills a profile that we currently dont have. 

This is a wind up surely. Surely!?

1 hour ago, GlobalVillan said:

This is a wind up surely. Surely!?

Not at all, and I'm not saying that he is the required shape, good enough or suggesting he should play for us, only saying that I'd like Emery to have a look at him during pre season as he has a profile that we are lacking, someone who is good at hold up play in the no 10 position.

Regarding if Wes is shit or had potential, or how he performed during his 5 months in the premier league I think most is said repeatedly in this thread with a variety of opinions. I of the opinion that he showed enough potential not to rule out that he could become a good premier league player if played to his strengths. His stats were not that bad with 6 goals in half a season. His performances against Everton and Manchester United I thought were really good. Then of course there is no question that he looked a bit awkward, running with a bit of a limp, sometimes his touch and passing looked like he wasn't a footballer by trade and didn't really seem to strike the ball clearly, was quite bad at heading the ball as well. At the same time, he now and then showed some sublime skills with some through balls and nice weighted passes and read the game quite well, as some of the highlight reels show. I don't know if he would have adapted to the PL, but going by the Everton and Man U game I'd be willing to give him a chance. As of now I have no idea at all what shape he is in, but would do no harm to let Emery have a closer look.

It would be fun to see Duran and Wes come on for the last 15 mins and bully the defenders! (Perhaps we could throw in grant Holt in that mix as well 😄

18 hours ago, DCJonah said:

He was woeful before the injury. I'd be pretty disappointed with our business if Wes is a serious option next year. 

He's slow, weak and just not at the level of a premier league footballer. 

Apart from the fact he scored in the game he got injured in. He was doing just about ok in a struggling side in his first year in the prem. Can't say any more than that as his career basically ended that afternoon.

• Like 2

Â