Premier League 2019-2020 Thread

Enda

Just now, zab6359 said:

We spent 130 mil on players no comparison at all!

Again, no one is comparing like for like. 

But while they spent little money they also didn't have to rebuild the squad from scratch in 5 weeks.

1 minute ago, sne said:

Again, no one is comparing like for like. 

But while they spent little money they also didn't have to rebuild the squad from scratch in 5 weeks.

We chose to, did we absolutely need to? Debatable.

33 minutes ago, Zatman said:

For the 1000th time yes we did or we would be on a record low points total 

You simply don't know that! You can't make those sort of changes and expect things to turn out all peachy we are where we are through bad decisions like that.

34 minutes ago, zab6359 said:

You simply don't know that! You can't make those sort of changes and expect things to turn out all peachy we are where we are through bad decisions like that.

This is nonsense. Go through the players we had left in the squad at the end of the season. 

1 hour ago, zab6359 said:

Adomah on the wing and Whelan in the middle, we’d be destroyed. It’s not like they are ripping up trees elsewhere. Which of our players released are now at premier league or high end championship clubs?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, zab6359 said:

We chose to, did we absolutely need to? Debatable.

What a ludicrous statement. 

If we had just gone with what we had we would have smashed that Derby record for the worst team. 

Look at how Norwich have done and they had a much better Championship squad then we did, and they didn't lose half of them. 

When it's the Premier League thread which is refreshed ahead of the Relegation one after a match you know it's been a decent day.

If we beat Everton, I will consider subjecting myself to the pain of believing again.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, sidcow said:

So what now? I think we have to hope for Watford to beat West Ham then we beat them last game. 

West Ham win, I prefer to play them already safe with watford going to Arsenal

• Like 3

At least west ham and watford play each other do one or the other has to win to put the other in crap.

Westham have watford, Man utd and us in there final three games.

Watford have for there final three Arsenal, Westham and Man City.

I feel we have to win both west ham and watford which is 6 points for us if we can beat both, arsenal well it could be anything from what weve seen today.

I do not line west ham's chances against ManVar utd and do not like Watford chances against Man city.

So yes if either WestHam or Watford cock up there final games and we win two more then survival is very much alive. All this is now relying on one of two teams messing up big time as much as us capitalising on our chances, what a way to go out or survive isnt it?

To much drama this, the Villa way, it's never a calm moment with our club is it, no wonder why I always preferred Villa to my hometown Wolves. 

I suppose the thing is now that both West Ham and Watford have 1 game each it's just very difficult to see them winning, and then they have to play each other. 

Beating Everton is so so important. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, zab6359 said:

Consistency for the sake of it isn't a good idea!

Ok, so how about we get a manager that took a team that played like they had never met and had stalled in the Championship with 1 recognised central defender who was crocked and a shit ton of right backs and got them playing some absolutely lovely football and a record winning streak to clinch promotion to the Premier League. Someone who did that last season even, so not someone who did it years ago when the Championship was a very different place. Would fit the bill perfectly if we go down right?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sidcow said:

I suppose the thing is now that both West Ham and Watford have 1 game each it's just very difficult to see them winning, and then they have to play each other. 

Beating Everton is so so important. 

To have any chance we have to beat Everton. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Dave-R said:

At least west ham and watford play each other do one or the other has to win to put the other in crap.

Westham have watford, Man utd and us in there final three games.

Watford have for there final three Arsenal, Westham and Man City.

I feel we have to win both west ham and watford which is 6 points for us if we can beat both, arsenal well it could be anything from what weve seen today.

I do not line west ham's chances against ManVar utd and do not like Watford chances against Man city.

So yes if either WestHam or Watford cock up there final games and we win two more then survival is very much alive. All this is now relying on one of two teams messing up big time as much as us capitalising on our chances, what a way to go out or survive isnt it?

To much drama this, the Villa way, it's never a calm moment with our club is it, no wonder why I always preferred Villa to my hometown Wolves. 

We also need Bournemouth to get spanked out of sight tonight and against City.

• Like 1