Premier League 2019-2020 Thread

Enda

2 hours ago, Rob182 said:

Did Dyche prove he’s not good enough up here when he got Burnley relegated? 🤦🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️

Football fans lately seem to think that everything is black and white.

Dyche has proved over and over he's a manager that deserves to be in the PL he gets results against the grain with a squad of bargain basement players. Smith can't buy a result in the PL!

18 minutes ago, zab6359 said:

Dyche has proved over and over he's a manager that deserves to be in the PL he gets results against the grain with a squad of bargain basement players. Smith can't buy a result in the PL!

In his first season as a PL manager he finished 19th on 33 points and won 7 games with his team only scoring 28 goals all season.

We've won 7 games this season. Since then he has proved he deserves to be in the PL thou. Took some time.

Smith might also develop into a solid PL manager, but I don't think we have time to wait for that.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, sne said:

In his first season as a PL manager he finished 19th on 33 points and won 7 games with his team only scoring 28 goals all season.

We've won 7 games this season. Since then he has proved he deserves to be in the PL thou. Took some time.

Smith might also develop into a solid PL manager, but I don't think we have time to wait for that.

Isn't the same thing tho sne.

Burnley have very limited resources. Dyche has build it up from rags.

It's apples and oranges really.

18 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

The Dyche came straight back up after getting relegated argument is just lazy.

You could say that about any manager getting relegated. It's just blind hope and ignoring the core problems.

It's also lazy to just say just get rid of after investing so much and then we'd have to start all over again.  Smith got us promoted, Smith got us relegated.  He's been here 18 months, the owners have invested heavily in him, we just need to give him time.  You wont because you havent liked him since day one.  Last season was a major positive, this season has been a negative, time to see what next season gives him.  You think we wont be close but you maybe wrong.  Fortunately it isnt your choice and I'm sick of chopping and changing managers especially when they havent been given time.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Isn't the same thing tho sne.

Burnley have very limited resources. Dyche has build it up from rags.

It's apples and oranges really.

We had resources but had to build from scratch, we went up without a squad or even a core. Smith (the club) has built it up from thin air.

Edited by sne
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, sne said:

I get it.  What's the choice though? starting again with somebody else unknown, a judgement call that somebody can do better, to rip up the squad and start again or why not wait, we have invested heavily in Smith, with a few players going and a few coming in that Smith continues and he's proven he can do it in the Championship so stick with the manager, whose learnt from his experiences, he has the basis of his team that he didnt have before and with additions and hopefully promotion this club will be in a better place rather than having to replace most of the squad like last summer.  A new manager will have to rip up the squad, bring in their own players and as we know it will take 10-15 games to implant his ideas and we may be too far off the pace to get promotion.

4 minutes ago, sne said:

We had resources but had to build from scratch, we went up without a squad or even a core. Smith (the club) has built it up from thin air.

I'm just saying the comparison is really stupid.

There is no comparison really. Different run clubs. Different expectations.

You could use the Dyche argument for any club getting relegated. Based on nothing else than blind hope.

Smith had limited funds at Brentford. Now that would be a better comparison.

Edited by villalad21

Just now, nick76 said:

I get it.  What's the choice though? starting again with somebody else unknown, a judgement call that somebody can do better, to rip up the squad and start again or why not wait, we have invested heavily in Smith, with a few players going and a few coming in that Smith continues and he's proven he can do it in the Championship so stick with the manager, whose learnt from his experiences, he has the basis of his team that he didnt have before and with additions and hopefully promotion this club will be in a better place rather than having to replace most of the squad like last summer.  A new manager will have to rip up the squad, bring in their own players and as we know it will take 10-15 games to implant his ideas and we may be too far off the pace to get promotion.

I think the way to go is to replace Smith, yes.

Just now, villalad21 said:

I'm just saying the comparison is really stupid.

There is no comparison really. Different run clubs. Different expectations.

You could use the Dyche argument for any club getting relegated. Based on nothing else than blind hope.

Of course it's different. And I'm not using it as a comparison to keep Smith. 

Just now, sne said:

I think the way to go is to replace Smith, yes.

Fair enough!  I'm happy to stick with Smith.  I think if we do sack Smith which I think there is a 50/50 chance of happening then I will wait on my judgement on who comes in......I've been disappointed before with the likes of McLeish so if they brought in somebody great then i'd be all for it but if shocking then not.  

It's a shame that we dont get to see who they are thinking to bring in if they are...........then it would be an easier decision.....you have a choice between Smith or XXXXX.   At the moment it's the choice between Smith and who knows!  

11 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Fair enough!  I'm happy to stick with Smith.  I think if we do sack Smith which I think there is a 50/50 chance of happening then I will wait on my judgement on who comes in......I've been disappointed before with the likes of McLeish so if they brought in somebody great then i'd be all for it but if shocking then not.  

It's a shame that we dont get to see who they are thinking to bring in if they are...........then it would be an easier decision.....you have a choice between Smith or XXXXX.   At the moment it's the choice between Smith and who knows!  

I'd been fine with keeping Smith even if relegated if I saw anything in us to build from. But I don't.

Season pretty much over and we have no style of play, look clueless at set pieces and can't keep possession or defend. We don't act like a team and we've not really improved individually or as a unit.

Yes the squad is among the weakest and there are more reasons to why we are where we are. But I don't see a foundation to which to build from and thus no reason for continuity.

Everton getting spanked Wolves, which means they’re shit. Beat Palace today and beat Everton next, sets us up nicely to thrash Arsenal and Wet Spam. Thus completing the great escape. Easy, don’t know what all the fuss is about. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, It's Your Round said:

Everton getting spanked Wolves, which means they’re shit. Beat Palace today and beat Everton next, sets us up nicely to thrash Arsenal and Wet Spam. Thus completing the great escape. Easy, don’t know what all the fuss is about. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, It's Your Round said:

Jim Carrey Chance GIF

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, sne said:

We spent 130 mil on players no comparison at all!