Premier League 2019-2020 Thread

Enda

1 minute ago, Jareth said:

They involve mass crowds - prem league at wemberlee behind closed doors? Different risk, high value. 

Yeah but the Wembley idea isn’t really viable as I said on my previous post IMO.  One of those ideas that sounds good initially until you actually think in detail about it and sounds stupid and not viable.

1 hour ago, sne said:

Will Roy Hodgson even be allowed out to attend the games?

He must be in the at-risk group due to age.

There’s no restrictions now on over 70s going out to exercise and shop so why wouldn’t he be allowed to attend matches.

3 hours ago, sidcow said:

22 sets of studs is going to cause way more damage than a couple of pairs of flat bottom tennis shoes with spikes.  No way would a single pitch stand up to that much wear and tear. 

Yes true with modern turf and fertilsers these days don’t pitches repair quite quickly. Sure there would be a lot of wear and tear but there must be ways around it 

10 minutes ago, PaulC said:

Yes true with modern turf and fertilsers these days don’t pitches repair quite quickly. Sure there would be a lot of wear and tear but there must be ways around it 

Not that quick for that many games in that short period of time

18 minutes ago, PaulC said:

Astroturf? Es possible?

Anyway Wembley is bad idea with the travelling and staying at different hotels but how many pitches have they got at St George’s park and the hotel complex so everybody could stay in the same place, middle of the country too. Sounds much better to me 

16 minutes ago, PaulC said:

Anyway Wembley is bad idea with the travelling and staying at different hotels but how many pitches have they got at St George’s park and the hotel complex so everybody could stay in the same place, middle of the country too. Sounds much better to me 

Sounds like a good idea, I’m sure player insurance will be easy to get in the current environment for this idea 🤦‍♂️

41 minutes ago, PaulC said:

It must be the biggest hotel in the world to host 20 squads plus referees, commentators, technicians, groundsmen etc

20 minutes ago, Zatman said:

It must be the biggest hotel in the world to host 20 squads plus referees, commentators, technicians, groundsmen etc

228 rooms. A bit of room sharing no problem. 

At George's Park doesn't make sense if the idea is have the squads stay, simply due to a coaching and tactical point of view. I'm sure clubs won't agree to all training in the same facility and having team talks, tactics and formations in the same place. It'll be at grounds of it is to be behind closed doors.

But even that really sh*ts on having home advantage really.

2 hours ago, Zatman said:

10 players in a room, that will stop that social distancing 

Don't forget they would also have to accommodate all the call girls and drinking buddies, going to need to double that to 20 at least.  You can't expect players to change their lifestyle even in these extreme circumstances. 

If one player gets the virus in the PL in the next couple of weeks it will meltdown from players, agents, clubs, insurance companies, other employees.

Edited by nick76

15 minutes ago, nick76 said:

If one player gets the virus in the PL in the next couple of weeks it will meltdown from players, agents, clubs, insurance companies, other employees.

If it happens nearer the time or during the time of the festival of football then yes it would be a major problem