Premier League 2019-2020 Thread

Enda

5 minutes ago, Mantis said:

Not exactly ideal results but given that both Sheffield United and Norwich were leading at half-time, I'll take it.

Looking forward to seeing your celebration gif in roughly two hours mate! 👍👏

Always cheers me up no end! 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Mantis said:

Not exactly ideal results but given that both Sheffield United and Norwich were leading at half-time, I'll take it.

True, so lets go out and pull this off now. We're due a win against united. Long due.

Worked out o.k in the end. A decent point and Everton another step to the latest big name club being on Quest next season.

Said this elsewhere but from the games we've shown I actually think we're a top half team based on football ability. It's just these sloppy errors that let us down in tight games and lower us down the table, not defending two short corners stopped us winning today.

Just now, sidcow said:

Even if we lose on Wednesday we still can't slip into the relegation zone so that leaves just one tricky match before we get our easier run of fixtures. 

I'd be looking up. We're only what about 5 points off 5th although I'm obviously not expecting to finish there or just below.

Based how we've played so far I actually think 9th-10th is realistic if we sign 2-3 good player in January. Just need to sharpen up a little at both ends and we're not that far away from being a very decent team at this level.

Hopefully we don't mess up the "easy on paper" games over xmas.

1 minute ago, villalad21 said:

Think we will win enough games at VP.

Our away form is truly horrendous though.

Need to wait until we play likes of Brighton, Watford, Southampton etc to properly judge imo. Arsenal and Man. United have only won one game away each and they've had a far easier run of games away and we've had.

1 minute ago, VillaChris said:

Hopefully we don't mess up the "easy on paper" games over xmas.

I can't get this worry out of my head.  Too many bad memories of previous Premier League campaigns. 

• Like 1

Just now, sidcow said:

I can't get this worry out of my head.  Too many bad memories of previous Premier League campaigns. 

I don’t think we will for the simple fact we have a good team and a great team spirit.  We will miss Guilbert against Chelsea though but I’d rather be missed that game than the Leicester one.

2 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Leicester scored the winner at the minute 96th.

Christ. What a team spirit they must have, on par with Liverpool. Don't fancy that game at all.

Linesman and ref looked like they were going to call it offside but VAR gave it as onside....they used it properly for once. 

A bit gutted not getting all three, but our improvement is obvious, we don’t seem to surrender too. Against Palace, Arsenal, Brighton, Bournemouth, today and even Wolves. We grow into all games and had our chances, even if we were bad at some. Ofcourse we’re losing leads which is an issue, but we’re improving which is great.

14 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

@villalad21 we have a point against a top 6 team now. Away from home too. 

what you gonna hit us with now mate?

AWAY FORM AWAY FORM AWAY FORM.

Nothing personal though mate.😉

BTW just looking and seeing Brighton are falling down the table a bit, 4 defeats out of their last 5 and got Arsenal away on Thursday although that isn't as hard as it used to be.

Even when they were having their good run I still thought they'd be near the bottom come end of the season and think they will be if not in the bottom 3. One we should be finishing above.

15 minutes ago, New_Hope said:

Linesman and ref looked like they were going to call it offside but VAR gave it as onside....they used it properly for once. 

Just seen the goal on the news, it didn't look that much different to the one we had chalked off today, thought Leicester striker's foot was marginally ahead of Everton defender.

VAR is just roulette this season.

• Like 1