Premier League 2019-2020 Thread

Enda

It's certainly a freak premier league season, can't remember the "top" teams being points sieves like this before.

On this weekend last year the 14th place team in the league only had 12 points so that shows the difference.

As much as we're doing well winning the games we need to there's a really good opportunity to be safely mid table if we could just find the knack of at least getting a draw v top 6 teams. Next week will show if we're any closer to that.

2 minutes ago, useless said:

Surely we have to get a result against a top six side this week, if we don't we will have lost six out of our last seven games and will quite frankly deserve all we get, can't have that kind of form and expect every other result to go our way.

We've only lost 3 in our last 7. Like I said last week, let's wait until the things happen before we start proclaiming outcomes.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, useless said:

Surely we have to get a result against a top six side this week, if we don't we will have lost six out of our last seven games and will quite frankly deserve all we get, can't have that kind of form and expect every other result to go our way.

You sure about that?

1 minute ago, Laughable Chimp said:

That Souuthampton equalizer should've been disallowed

I disagree. Whilst it was probably handball it was no way a clear and obvious error.  I wouldn’t feel hard done by if that went against us.

VAR’s inconsistency is annoying though.

Just now, Vive_La_Villa said:

I disagree. Whilst it was probably handball it was no way a clear and obvious error.  I wouldn’t feel hard done by if that went against us.

Apparently West Ham had a similar one disallowed at Chelsea in second half, only annoyed as I had 20 quid on West Ham to score a second before the 70th minute!

If we don't get a result against any of United, Chelsea, or Leicester this week that will mean we will have lost Man City, Liverpool, Wolves, beat Newcastle and lost to United, Chelsea and Leicester, so yes I'm sure if we don't get a result this week it will mean we will have lost six of the last seven games. I don't actually think it will happen I think we'll at least get a draw somewhere, maybe a win against Leicester at home.

Edited by useless

7 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I don't think the clear and obvious error rule applies for handball in the build up to a goal considering how hard it is to spot handballs in the build up towards a goal sometimes, yet we've been seeing quite a few of those be disallowed by VAR even when in these cases, it would've been hard for the ref to spot.

And imo, it was an obvious handball from a slowed down perspective and from a better camera angle. Not obvious to the referee of course but I think its pretty blatant from certain perspectives.

Edited by Laughable Chimp

1 minute ago, useless said:

If we don't get a result against any of United, Chelsea, or Leicester this week that will mean we will have lost Man City, Liverpool, Wolves, beat Newcastle and lost to United, Chelsea and Leicester, so yes I'm sure if we don't get a result this week it will mean we will have lost six of the last seven games. I don't actually think it will happen I think we'll at least get a draw somewhere, maybe a win against Leicester at home.

We're beating United tomorrow. Leicester at VP can get it too. I don't fear anyone at VP.

Watch us get 5 points from the next 3 and then have Watford, Sot'n and Norwich all in a row. Instead of fearing a relegation battle, we could be shooting up the table.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, useless said:

Surely this week ends on Sunday. We play Chelsea and Leicester next week ;)

12 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

"Clear and obvious" doesn't come in to it for this, does it? It's not a subjective decision. The ball touched his hand and a goal was scored.

Just now, Vive_La_Villa said:

I suppose. Wasn’t it ball to hand though?

No such thing when it comes to goals scored, since the rule change.

http://www.thefa.com/football-rules-governance/lawsandrules/laws/football-11-11/2019-2020-law-changes-explained

It should have been ruled out, it's another VAR **** up. But what's a PL game if it doesn't have VAR controversy?

Deliberate handball remains an offence. The following ‘handball’ situations, even if accidental, will be a free kick:

• the ball goes into the goal after touching an attacking player’s hand/arm
  • a player gains control/possession of the ball after it has touched their hand/arm and then scores, or creates a goal-scoring opportunity
  • the ball touches a player’s hand/arm which has made their body unnaturally bigger
  • the ball touches a player’s hand/arm when it is above their shoulder (unless the player has deliberately played the ball which then touches their hand/arm)

• Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Whatever we get out the next 3 is a bonus for me. After that we have 4 winnable game. It will be a massive 2 weeks for our season. 

Agreed. And to be honest mate, City and Spurs aside, the whole of January and February looks kind. 

I'll think we'll be fine. 

3 minutes ago, briny_ear said:

New manager for Watford by Wednesday?

They remind me of us in our final few years before relegation. I'm not sure the Manager is (or is the biggest) the problem. 

2 minutes ago, briny_ear said:

New manager for Watford by Wednesday?

Before Watford play us they have:

Leicester away

Home to Palace

Away to Liverpool

Home to Man. United

Away to Sheffield United.

Can't seem them getting many points from that so they could be back to being adrift by the new year.

Way they operate they'll probably re-appoint Javi Gracia. :lol:

They've always seemed a mini Chelsea to me. Endless managerial changes yet also have enough quality on the pitch so it dosen't impact too much on their results. This year it's looking like it's all catching up with them as it did for us in 15/16/

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

No such thing when it comes to goals scored, since the rule change.

http://www.thefa.com/football-rules-governance/lawsandrules/laws/football-11-11/2019-2020-law-changes-explained

It should have been ruled out, it's another VAR **** up. But what's a PL game if it doesn't have VAR controversy?

What a cock of shit. 

The rules that Is, not your post 😋