Premier League 2019-2020 Thread

Enda

1 minute ago, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

They allow for re-takes for encroachment when the pen is missed but im fairly certain they never have to be re-taken when theyre scored. 

Wonder what would happen if an Arsenal player scored the rebound but was encroaching on the box before the pen was taken? Would it be a free kick to Norwich? Or would the pen be taken again?

Edited by PieFacE

2 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Problem with VAR is it's not consistent.

I've seen penalties before this season with keepers stepping out of their line before the kick and it hasn't been re taken.

That's a refereeing issue not a VAR issue.

1 minute ago, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

They allow for re-takes for encroachment when the pen is missed but im fairly certain they never have to be re-taken when theyre scored. 

I'd assume that's cause the encroaching players become 'active' if there's a rebound.

3 minutes ago, Farlz said:

The one big concern I have right now is teams around us seem capable of taking points from the sides you don't expect while we really don't.

I don't see us changing that today either 😕

Weird I actually feel the completely opposite. Based on our matches against Spurs, Arsenal, Liverpool so far, I feel we can pick up points against anyone. 

And I am fairly positive about today. We might lose, but I also think there's a decent chance of picking up all 3 points. We're not a bad team by any stretch. In fact we are pretty decent, but we need some luck with VAR and avoid injuries to Grealish. AND a new striker. 

37 minutes ago, Delphouneso said:

I'd assume that's cause the encroaching players become 'active' if there's a rebound.

Problem is that if an opposing player is in the box he is distracting the keeper and in my opinion it should be retaken

2 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

Weird I actually feel the completely opposite. Based on our matches against Spurs, Arsenal, Liverpool so far, I feel we can pick up points against anyone. 

And I am fairly positive about today. We might lose, but I also think there's a decent chance of picking up all 3 points. We're not a bad team by any stretch. In fact we are pretty decent, but we need some luck with VAR and avoid injuries to Grealish. AND a new striker. 

You'd think that but pretty sure we're the only team in the bottom 10 who have not picked up any points from the top 6 of the previous season.

Arsenal are going to concede again.  They really look woeful. There are a lot of big teams in this league who have never looked so fragile. 

There is definitely room for a new world order involving a big club who are currently being well run because some of the traditional top 5 are being run really badly. 

• Like 1