Premier League 2019-2020 Thread

Enda

3 hours ago, VillaChris said:

They'll probably beat us 3-0 and then limp to a 1-0 defeat at Everton who they play on Saturday.

Frustrating this season that when we do actually win games we can't move up the league much as the teams just above us suddenly "churn" out shock results.

We are overdue one so big chance in the next week.

We might not move up “ much”, but - despite some thinking we’ve fallen behind - over the Last 6 games we’ve GAINED Points on every side outside the Top 7......despite our 3 consecutive defeats.

Hence why I keep banging on about perspective, about not stressing every individual game, and keeping an eye on a rolling average of a point per  game.

To repeat....despite losing 3 we have gained on every Club outside the Top 7.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, terrytini said:

And only the Top 4 have more Wins than us in their last 6 League games ....plenty to feel positive about if you want to look for it 🙂

Also since that defeat to Bournemouth where we were still finding our feet we’ve only lost one game at home and that was in the last 5 minutes to the run away leaders. Yes our away record is poor but we’ve only played one away game against a team in the bottom half of the table and we won that comfortably. 

I agree there is a lot to be positive about.

• Like 1

If we win against Man Utd, I guess we'd have done very well towards safety. A couple of good results at December would hopefully secure everything. Ofcourse nothing guaranteed but win at Utd then 3-4 points in the next 3. Before playing Soton, Norwich and Watford.

I think if we win, we'll put Watford behind us (as they would need a miracle to get back, even if they did, they would still be there until the last couple of months.

However, Soton, Everton would be tricky for the next couple of weeks. Norwich could also have the odd result.

I won't panic if we lose the next three, but would go to Sheffield game having a lot of worry. I don't want our team to have a confidence issue at all.

Whenever we're in a good position, our fixtures become harder. So if we went through this run successfully then we have done more than good.

47 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Just checked Everton fixture list in the next 6 games and.. Jesus Christ. I thought we had it bad

Some tough games for them there! 

In comparison, Southampton play Norwich, Newcastle, then us. They’ve got the chance to either pull themselves out of the relegation spots, or compound their status further.