Patrick Bamford

KentVillan

2 minutes ago, Lichfield Dean said:

"The club felt that given the circumstances surrounding the incident, including the extraordinary act of sportsmanship which saw our head coach Marcelo Bielsa demand our team to allow Aston Villa to score an uncontested equaliser, we could have a sensible discussion around the sanction."

I mean, what? They tried to argue that because Bielsa did something 'good' that Bamford should just be let off? That's just nonsense.

Great argument from them,  next time one of our players gets sent off I hope we refer to x amount of years ago when they did a good deed. It's full proof.

8 minutes ago, Zatman said:

I would be ashamed if we had a player acting like that. Cant really think of us having a player that had such theatrics

I would be shamed if the club looked for an excuse like the above. Absolutely appalling.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lichfield Dean said:

"The club felt that given the circumstances surrounding the incident, including the extraordinary act of sportsmanship which saw our head coach Marcelo Bielsa demand our team to allow Aston Villa to score an uncontested equaliser, we could have a sensible discussion around the sanction."

Hmmmmmm, I wonder if they ran the wording of this past Pontus.

Just now, Shropshire Lad said:

Hmmmmmm, I wonder if they ran the wording of this past Pontus.

If the coach "demands" for his players to behave this way, that is not an extraordinary act of sportsmanship. Its an act of a coach telling off his players for wanting to engage in disgusting behaviour.

Its unbelievable how twisted their statement is 😂

1 hour ago, Zatman said:

I would be ashamed if we had a player acting like that. Cant really think of us having a player that had such theatrics

In fairness, Grealish did similar (not quite as bad) against Rotherham.

14 hours ago, Lichfield Dean said:

I mean, what? They tried to argue that because Bielsa did something 'good' that Bamford should just be let off? That's just nonsense.

So basically if your player does something terrible, just quickly do something really nice afterwards and there's no punishment.

"Whelo, go and snap Hernandez' legs into pieces. Don't worry you won't get sent off, we'll make a donation to charity and take a ball boy to McDonalds afterwards"

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

You put your right arm up, your left arm up

You hold your face in agony and fall to the ground 

Roll around the pitch a bit to get a man sent off

That's what it's all about

Oh the Patrick Bamford, Oh the Patrick Bamford

Cheating bastard got caught out on TV

Bielsa raises a good point in his arguement to see connor punished too.

He says that it will dissuade other players not to play act if they know that they are likely to alter the way punishment is handed out. (Talking about klich not going down was the reason it wasn't punished)

However I think that horse has well and truly bolted now!

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Nigel said:

Bielsa raises a good point in his arguement to see connor punished too.

He says that it will dissuade other players not to play act if they know that they are likely to alter the way punishment is handed out. (Talking about klich not going down was the reason it wasn't punished)

However I think that horse has well and truly bolted now!

Difference is, Klich was actually hit (wasn't a punch in my view but for argument's sake let's say it is).

There's a big difference between making the most of something that did happen and completely inventing something that didn't.

• 4 years later...
Â