Match Thread: Sheff Wed v Villa

limpid

2 minutes ago, AVTuco said:

We seem to need Conor on for the second half to score another.

I would do that.  Whelan doesn't seem to be in this game mutch.  Let's steamroller them in the second half. 

• Like 1

Very Smith vs Bruce - one team playing all the football and getting into dangerous areas against an organised back four, the other launching long balls into the corners and hoping something comes off. 

We just need a bit of luck and maybe a little more from the referee in the second half. I don't think we're far off beating these comprehensively.

I think Hector, Hutchinson and Fletcher have got away with a few things, Bannan should have been booked for moving our free kick and then trying to wipe away the foam.

We just need to stay calm, keep on the ball and have a bit of patience - it'll come.

• Like 2

First match I've been able to watch in a while after encountering last week's AVTV shambles. It's been a bit of a slog. Not much coming off, bar Green's excellent, desperation cross and McGinn's sweet strike. Really need Jack to take this game by the scruff of the neck.

4 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

We can't get near Bannan, not even McGinn can for some reason. He's really developed into a good little player, happy for him.

but we was like that in the last half hour against Blackburn....all players have to work, not just McGinn.

sounds like not enough of our lot, making a mark.

Edited by TRO

3 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

We can't get near Bannan, not even McGinn can for some reason. He's really developed into a good little player, happy for him.

Agree. He’s running the show. You can kind of see why Smith might have been interested him. Intelligent player.

I think this could be one game too many for Whelan. A few misplaced passes and his positioning not as good as recent weeks.