Villa charged by FA

Hev

2 minutes ago, AntrimBlack said:

The supporters are not much better. Look at the crowd applauding the tackle.

Yup, it was coordinated intimation off the pitch as well.

I have friends who are blues fans, I get that they are not all thugs. But there is a sickness at that club. Its plain to see. The FA needs to deal with it now and strongly. They will regret letting it fester imho. 

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, ciggiesnbeer said:

If I was the FA I would be asking sha why their manager sent out their players to target & injure an opponent why their staff allowed an assault on the same player and why their staff also assaulted the same player.

An entire football club as an organization planning and committing violence on an opposing player surely is too much? Even for corrupt modern football surely that should be a red line?

Every manager at some point has told their players to kick an opposition. 

This isn’t some big hate crime against Aston Villa, it’s a player going OTT, it’s a moronic brain dead fan and an idiotic steward

Still no action by small heath on that steward by the way in so far as I know.

This decision isn't a good one by the FA - in other circumstances you could maybe see it, but in context of this game it's like getting a speeding ticket at Monza.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Hev said:

I have seen a post by Villa Marv in the SHA reaction thread which says that Villa have been charged with failing to control their players (along with SHA ) following the game last Sunday - they are on about the incident after the tackle by their player on Jack early in the game.   This is incredible and surely can't be right.  This sort of thing happens all the time (VIlla Marv has posted a link - maybe someone could move it) ?

7 hours ago, VILLAMARV said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/47568983

Birmingham City and Aston Villa have both been charged by the Football Association for failing to control their players during Sunday's Championship match.

A melee involving players from both teams occurred in the fifth minute after Blues midfielder Maikel Kieftenbeld fouled Jack Grealish.

Villa captain Grealish was attacked by a Birmingham fan in the 10th minute before scoring the game's only goal.

The clubs have until Monday to respond.

200.gif

• Haha 1

40 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

I know this is off topic, but while everyone hates Bruce from his time at Villa, I've disliked the man ever since Grealish's PL debut against Bruce's Hull.  That team was clearly told to go out and try to intimidate Jack.  The first 6-7 times times he got the ball, he drew a horrible challenge from a Hull player, some of which were pretty nasty and could have resulted in a serious injury.  I think the ref dished out 4 yellow cards for those tackles, but they could have easily been reds.

Edited by KMitch
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, KMitch said:

I know this is off topic, but while everyone hates Bruce from his time at Villa, I've disliked the man ever since Grealish's PL debut against Bruce's Hull.  That team was clearly told to go out and try to intimidate Jack.  The first 6-7 times times he got the ball, he drew a horrible challenge from a Hull player, some of which were pretty nasty and could have resulted in a serious injury.  I think the ref dished out 4 yellow cards for those tackles, but they could have easily been reds.

I've disliked him for many years as well. Dull, uninspiring football manager - should never have got our gig.

back on topic 

3 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

There was report in the Mail that he was going to be investigated by the club, but I've heard or seen nothing since.

A friend of mine who is a blues ST said he’d heard he was sacked but I haven’t seen any reports 

Why have we been charged, it's baffling. Few players around the ref with arms by their sides. Seen a lot worse at most matches this week. FA are useless, not fit for purpose anymore. Probably charge Jack for letting himself be punched next. 

Mike Dean has obviously included it in his match report, I'm surprised he doesn't get punched every week. Horrible ref

8 hours ago, ciggiesnbeer said:

If I was the FA I would be asking sha why their manager sent out their players to target & injure an opponent why their staff allowed an assault on the same player and why their staff also assaulted the same player.

An entire football club as an organization planning and committing violence on an opposing player surely is too much? Even for corrupt modern football surely that should be a red line?

This is the FA, they dont like to answer the tough issues 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, mikeyp102 said:

This isn’t some big hate crime against Aston Villa, it’s a player going OTT, it’s a moronic brain dead fan and an idiotic steward

In fairness Kieftenbald does it every game since we came down to this league. Like a poor mans Lee Cattermole

When it comes to Dutch footballers he makes Bacuna look like Cruyff

• Like 1

What uttter utter ridiculousness. I cannot think of a single incident in the game where this charge could reasonably be leveled at us. Given the atmosphere of intimidation and violence directed towards our players I think they handled themselves in an exemplary fashion and kept their cool like the pro's that they are. 

• Like 1

Unbelievable! They should have only one focus following the game and it should not be on us. It is not the first time that our players have had their thugs assault them on the pitch. Enckelman was slapped on the face in 2002 and they are still doing the same 17 years later. No doubt they will get a fine at the most, given Small Heath would no doubt say the same happened at Arsenal hours later so they should be treated in the same way..       

Dock the bastards points for failing to control their crowd, a broad daylight assault on a player and a steward carry out an attempted assault on a player.

The FA need to have a word with themselves and EFL should also make an example out of that shitty little club.

• Like 2

Five grand a piece -

Birmingham City and Aston Villa have each been fined £5,000 by the Football Association for failing to control players in their Second City derby.

The Championship clubs were charged over a melee in the fifth minute after a foul on Villa captain Jack Grealish by Blues midfielder Maikel Kieftenbeld.

Blues are facing a separate charge after Grealish was attacked on the pitch by a fan five minutes later.

Villa won the game on 10 March 1-0, with Grealish scoring the only goal.

Both clubs accepted the charge.

BBC link