Summer Transfer Window 2019 (closed)

sne

11 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

Interesting jumping of conclusions there.

Just feel given Roma, Napoli and wolves close connections to Mendes (their owners part own his agency) it is highly unlikely he will join newly promoted Aston Villa over any of those ... should have caveated I think it’s a no goer IMO .... 

2 minutes ago, DaveAV1 said:

It’s at the negotiation stage. A little bit more here and there to get it over the line. 

well....it isnt if we went for and signed Hassan in place of Benrahma because Brentford were holding out for 20m and we said lol nope...

We will see though.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, romavillan said:

Leao going to Inter then?

Lille Have ‘Important Offers’ For Inter Target Leao, Club’s Owner Confirms

Lille’s owner today confirmed they have received ‘important offers’ for their young forward Rafael Leao, who is reportedly a transfer target for Inter.

The 20-year-old scored eight goals in 24 Ligue 1 appearances last season as Christophe Galtier’s side finished second behind Paris Saint-Germain.

Inter are struggling to make progress in their talks with Manchester United for Romelu Lukaku, and various sources claim they have identified Leao as an alternative.

“We need to discuss our plans with the player,” Lille’s owner Gerard Lopez told La Voix du Nord.

“If we talk about wages then we can’t compete with these other teams, because they’re making important offers.”

Leao has made five appearances for Portugal’s under-21 side and joined Lille from Sporting Lisbon in 2018, after fan violence led to him being released from his contract.

Antonio Conte remains determined to sign Lukaku, despite United’s high asking price, but Leao’s name will be discussed in today’s transfer summit in China as a viable Plan B.

Important offers on the table... :detect:

Edit: Inter are not one of those offers.

4 Now stand as Napoli have joined the race.  (Villa, Everton, Valencia & Napoli).

Press helping Mendes and speculating all his club's.. hence the sudden mention of Inter, Juve, Wolves etc. all over the place.

Edited by AvfcRigo82
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

Off the top of my head, in recent years, PL players produced by Villa:

Steven Davis
Gary Cahill
Marc Albrighton
Ciaran Clark
Jonathan Hogg
Jack Grealish

A couple of PL winners in there, a couple of solid PL stalwarts in the last few years and one burgeoning superstar.  We also have Andre Green part of the first team setup this season. We've done alright.

Barry Bannan?

• Like 1

If it's true that we bid £14m for Benrahma a couple of days ago, then I think we'll go back in with another bid, the club aren't stupid they will have known that £14m would never have been accepted, so that will have just been an opening offer to get a feel of things. Also the recency of it, suggests that Trezeguet isn't an alternative, but rather we want both. If what Sky say is true, that it is, it could well just be a spin on the L'Équipe article, which itself may well just be agent fuelled gossip.

Edited by useless

@AvfcRigo82 are we gunna sign Leao in your opinion ? Don’t doubt we have bid for him but what do believe our chances are against the Inter’s, Roma’s & Valencia’s of this world and sadly dare I say even wolves? I just think now are chances are pretty slim but want to be proven wrong ! I just can’t see it now, the chance for me was with a surprise swoop out of nowhere and now we would have to offer him mega wages for him to consider it ... 

Edited by thabucks

7 minutes ago, useless said:

If it's true that we bid £14m for Benrahma a couple of days ago, then I think we'll go back in with another bid, the club aren't stupid they will have known that £14m would never have been accepted, so that will have just been an opening offer to get a feel of things. Also the recency of it, suggests that Trezeguet isn't an alternative, but rather we want both. If what Sky say is true, that it is, it could well just be a spin on the L'Équipe article, which itself may well just be agent fuelled gossip.

i would be super super happy if we end up signing both, im just trying to be realistic and wonder if its "one or the other".

Fingers crossed though, signing both Hassan and Benrahma would be massive imo.

4 minutes ago, thabucks said:

@AvfcRigo82 are we gunna sign Leao in your opinion ? Don’t doubt we have bid for him but what do believe our chances are against the Inter’s, Roma’s & Valencia’s of this world and sadly dare I say even wolves 

not a chance imo.

we have spent 90m+ currently, with Hassan thats basically 100m, add Benrahma thats another 15-20m, Douglas another 15m, thats 130m ish.

Consider we then "may" sign another GK, striker and possibly a backup DM, i cant see us whacking 30m+ on Leao, at all.

I can see us ending up spending 150m total though, once Hassan, Benrahma, Douglas and and other reasonable additions are made.

For example, if we end up signing, Hassan, Benrahma, Douglas Luiz and Butland, that basically 150m spent total.

Cant see us spending much over 150m tbh.....

Edited by MaVilla

Well it's been known that Trezegue will be signing for us for a while now, so if the Benrahma bid was a few days ago, then I doubt it will have been an alternative. Benrahma is a player I've wanted for a while now, but if we only Trezeguet I won't be too disappointed the more I see and read of him, the more of a good signing  it seems like he could be.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, thabucks said:

@AvfcRigo82 are we gunna sign Leao in your opinion ? Don’t doubt we have bid for him but what do believe our chances are against the Inter’s, Roma’s & Valencia’s of this world and sadly dare I say even wolves 

At this stage all I know is our bid is on the table, how our bid is formed I cannot mention.

What I will say is that going by this window so far It wouldn't suprise me but at this stage it is in the hands of club and player.

Edit: Putting my Villa goggles on - This would be one hell of a signing. (If we pull him off!)

Edited by AvfcRigo82
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Dante_Lockhart said:

Barry Bannan?

Originally had him in there, but he hasn't played in the Prem for almost 5 years now. Hell, if I include Bannan I should also include Lichaj, Baker and Herd.

12 minutes ago, useless said:

3 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

not a chance imo.

we have spent 90m+ currently, with Hassan thats close to 200m, add Benrahma that another 15-20m, Douglas another 15m, thats 130m ish.

Consider we then "may" sign another GK, striker and possibly a backup DM, i cant see us whacking 30m+ on Leao, at all.

I can see us ending up spending 150m total though, once Hassan, Benrahma, Douglas and and other reasonable additions are made.

For example, if we end up signing, Hassan, Benrahma, Douglas Luiz and Butland, that basically 150m spent total.

Cant see us spending much over 150m tbh.....

Purslow already knew that he'd got Trezeguet when the Benrahma bid went in. I think this may well happen.

1 minute ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

At this stage all I know is our bid is on the table, how our bid is formed I cannot mention.

What I will say is that going by this window so far It wouldn't suprise me but at this stage it is in the hands of club and player.

Do you trust your source mate?

If we have really bid it means there is money to spend on Benrahma because I really do not think this signing has a chance of happening!  Hopefully the saved money is used elsewhere.

3 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Do you trust your source mate?

If we have really bid it means there is money to spend on Benrahma because I really do not think this signing has a chance of happening!  Hopefully the saved money is used elsewhere.

Would you be against Leao signing If we pulled it off?

27 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

im sure you dont mean to come accross as......obnoxious?, but we know as well as anyone how the food chain works, all out talent was "taken" from us over the last decade or more, Barry, Benteke, Young, Delph, Yorke, Crowley, Milner, to name a few.

We nearly lost Grealish a year ago to this exact scenario......luckily Spurs were incompetent with their transfer dealings and it didnt happen.......

Trust me, Villa fans know it as well if not better than most....

Was not meaning to sound obnoxious just stating facts like you have said about us we are well aware we are a “feeder club”to bigger clubs.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

Would you be against Leao signing If we pulled it off?

Of course not!  I’d apologise profusely to for doubting so much. 

I know nothing of the lad though.

edit: not going to happen ;)

Edited by Vive_La_Villa

Just now, Vive_La_Villa said:

Of course not!  I’d apologise profusely too.

I know nothing of the lad though.

Me neither.

The two players I wanted most have stayed at Man Utd and the other is pissing off to LP Leipzeig - or however they're spelt.

(Tuanzebe and Lookman)

This Laeo bloke seems very highly rated suddenly.

Nice to see we got our bid on the table early doors.