Summer Transfer Window 2019 (closed)

sne

39 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

Lol seen it all before on here and elsewhere for an age from ITKs. In the age of Twitter you're worried about anonymous internet handles on fan forums. Will Scotland Yard be involved?

Yeah, if you say so.  :rolleyes:

Have you got anything you can be colouring in?

Edited by AvfcRigo82
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

Yeah, if you say so.

The only issue was creating a player thread with weak sauce sports blog then people saying how is this a source and in before the lock then following up with the classic I have some inside info but I can't divulge. Just post in general speculation

2 hours ago, DaveAV1 said:

Like Sturridge, he’s been consistently mentioned all window. It’s human nature, if we don’t like the link we dismiss it as lazy journalism, but if we like it we hang on to it and cherish it like the girl we can’t quite get. Occasionally though the dream comes true and we get the girl. 

P.S. Like I did when I met the wife. (You never know when they’re watching, they have strange powers blokes will never understand. It never hurts to cover your back. They can’t see messages in brackets though.)

Image result for i bet he's thinking about some other women

• Haha 3

26 minutes ago, DaveAV1 said:

One of the reasons we’re all on here is because we’re after information. Somebody gives some out in good faith, offers no guarantees and gets slaughtered for it, because people have made stuff up in the past. If you don’t want to accept the reality of social media sites like this and take them for what they are, them really your only option is to wait for the official site to announce stuff. But where’s the fun in that?

i think @AvfcRigo82 has heard something interesting and been good enough to share it, he didn’t have to. I don’t believe he’s ever claimed to be ITK in the past and so I can’t see why he isn’t telling the truth. He’s just passed on something in good faith. Perhaps his source could be easily identified in some way if he offered up more info as he may be in a privileged position with info that only a very few people would know. No Scotland Yard won’t be involved but perhaps  internal club disciplinary action could be taken and a person could lose their job. 

Did you see my follow up post. No one has problem with speculation. It's creating a player thread with a no mark sports blog saying he could be a target then complaining that it was merged back into speculation. What has he heard that's interesting? All I saw was along the lines of I know some more but I can't say any more. Tease

9 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

Did you see my follow up post. No one has problem with speculation. It's creating a player thread with a no mark sports blog saying he could be a target then complaining that it was merged back into speculation. What has he heard that's interesting? All I saw was along the lines of I know some more but I can't say any more. Tease

He said we've put an actual bid in for him. Rigo hasn't acted like some ItK on anything else. He doesn't come across as an attention whore like the usual ones who act like they have knowledge on loads of deals. The fact he's only strong on this one player adds a bit of credibility to me. I just don't see why he'd lie. I'd guess he was a bit defensive about the thread being merged because he believes in his source but the only stuff out there isn't from places deemed credible. 

He could be making it all up for a laugh but I don't get that vibe since he hasn't acted like he knows anything else. 

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, thunderball said:

Look, I want all the ITK’s on here, bullsh*t or otherwise. All the snippets and alleged insider stuff. I am not bothered if it’s tenuous or hearsay, get it out there.

It helps pass the time, it’s all part of the window. I have no understanding why people get so upset and agitated about it?

Precisely. There have been ITK on here who have signed off due to being snarked off the board by neck-rolling, trouser-hitching inadequates incapable of grasping that sometimes, in the fluid and dynamic world of football and people, things change.

Give it a rest. If they are full of crap it will become evident and they answer for it if they are proved wrong should they choose to but posters of good standing should be given latitude when they post any inside info they may have gleaned. Not be given shit for it such as the truly asinine, "Source or it's bullshit, man", or "Why should we believe you if you won't tell us who told you? Huh? Answer me that?"

• Like 2

1 hour ago, thunderball said:

Look, I want all the ITK’s on here, bullsh*t or otherwise. All the snippets and alleged insider stuff. I am not bothered if it’s tenuous or hearsay, get it out there.

It helps pass the time, it’s all part of the window. I have no understanding why people get so upset and agitated about it?

Exactly...  It's even more fun when it doesn't work out!  Just ask Delphinho!  #IsItWednesdayYet

• Like 1

2 hours ago, thunderball said:

For the 3rd time no problem with idle speculation or alleged ITK just tenuous new threads dedicated to a player. Anyone else want to pile in on me?

8 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

You've certainly hit the nail on the head Dave, along with @Wezbid and I appreciate the understanding.

Half of me was reluctant to post what I knew for the negative reasons that outweighed the positives in posting and kicking off the whole thing - like has been displayed in doses, but knowing what it was and that in mind I still posted.

I know nothing of the player and as such no gain for me as I ain't got a clue who he is!  (FWIW - I wanted Tuanzebe, if we are treading round any wishlist inclination)

I accept the thread was merged as there was no real concrete article on the web that states "we've" made a bid, not a problem. I tried my best the slot in the comment further in without trying to raise too much attention to it whilst equally dropping what I had been told.

I am not part of some savvy inner circle unfortunately - the f**kers still haven't got back to me on my application about joining, yet!

At the end of the day if Villa sign him I might be hailed by some, if we don't sign him there will be a chance I'll be slated. Oh well.  My neck I guess.

Again I gain nothing from it and have posted here over 13 years, the only other time I got near anything similar was last season involving the whole Grealish saga, but that's about it.

FWIW, if Laeo was to arrive it would be a great statement of intent by the club considering all the other big boys apparantly jumping on board for him. The Portuguese 'M'Bappe' they say.

out of curiosity what did you find out about Grealish last summer? that he was staying i take it? 

7 hours ago, Kiwivillan said:

The only issue was creating a player thread with weak sauce sports blog then people saying how is this a source and in before the lock then following up with the classic I have some inside info but I can't divulge. Just post in general speculation

Seems like a lot of criticism if you’re just worried about protocol. 

14 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Here we go! 

Welcome to Wednesday. Or Delnesday as it will be forever known if we get a signing, any signing over the line today. There’s talk of a new assistant tea lady, but may be just on loan with the option to buy. I can’t reveal my source before you ask @Kiwivillan 😀