Summer Transfer Window 2019 (closed)

sne

12 hours ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

I don't understand why we think Leao is a thing?

It would be unlikely judging by some of the more established clubs in for him. They can offer European football for starters. 

Edited by Made In Aston
  • Like 1

Its all speculation, no one knows the reality of what we are prepared to spend. Also we have been so efficient in identifying and buying our defence, there is no way we would undermine the whole recruitment strategy and expensive investment by leaving gaping holes in the RW and Striker position which are glaringly inadequate at present. Its all gamesmanship and press talk in the vacuum of knowledge.

We will buy a right winger and will buy a supplementary striker. We will also buy a goal keeper.

I guess we are now in the final run in to the window closing and brinkmanship. My money is on Butland, Benrahma and Maupay still arriving before the window shuts:

Butland: Stoke will be sweetened by Lansbury going the opposite way; Benrahma will force a move (isn't he entering his final year?); Maupay is destined for us if Leao doesn't materialise.

I also hope we sign that Luyindama fella in stead of Nakamba.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Made In Aston said:

It would be unlikely judging by some of the more established to flight clubs in for him. They can offer European football for starters. 

Is that a priority at 20 y.o.?

I would say playing every week in a progressive accommodating side, in the £premier league is very attractive?

L'Equipe might have mentioned us in passing in connection to Leao, but that's not quite as strong of a link as them writing an article about us bidding for him, which is what has happened with Benrahma, and why people are more likely to believe that link.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, useless said:

L'Equipe might have mentioned us in passing in connection to Leao, but that's not quite as strong of a link as them writing an article about us bidding for him, which is what has happened with Benrahma, and why people are more likely to believe that link.

Fair call ! I wasn’t sure as I couldn’t find the exact link .... 

Another thing that's fuelling people's believe that we're in for him, is that some on here with inside information have said we've made a bid. But of course whether that bid gets accepted is a totally different matter.

• Thanks 1

It’s probs just a smokescreen and we will swoop for someone we’ve not been linked with and left field like Alex Claude-Maurice from Lorient or jean -Philippe Mateta from Mainz. And then Weston McKennie from Schalke as DM... 

Edited by thabucks

4 minutes ago, thabucks said:

It’s probs just a smokescreen and we will swoop for someone we’ve not been linked with like Alex Claude-Maurice from Lorient or someone .... 

Like Sturridge, he’s been consistently mentioned all window. It’s human nature, if we don’t like the link we dismiss it as lazy journalism, but if we like it we hang on to it and cherish it like the girl we can’t quite get. Occasionally though the dream comes true and we get the girl. 

P.S. Like I did when I met the wife. (You never know when they’re watching, they have strange powers blokes will never understand. It never hurts to cover your back. They can’t see messages in brackets though.)

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, MaVilla said:

i would guess Benrahma is pretty pi**ed if true.

I know Brentford want to get the best deal they can for their players, but stopping players leaving when decent offers are made might also hurt their reputation as their model is kinda built on persuading high potential players to join them with an unwritten agreement that they will sell them on if they perform and a bigger club comes in for them.

As i say, i totally understand them wanting to get every penny they can, but its a fine line between holding out for what you can get, and going against your model and players expectations of allowing them to move on for a "profit".

If we end up signing Hassan over Benrahma, soley because Brentford rejected 14m plus addons.......i can imagine Benrahma isnt going to be a happy camper.

I think what we are all forgetting in these "windows" is the role the dreaded football agent plays in all this, he's only there to make money for himself, and it means nothing at all to him where his commodity (player) goes, as long as he can make the maximum amount of money for himself, after all, where the players new club is based makes not a blind bit of difference to him, as he doesn't have to go there every day, so it could well be that agent is trying to push the price up as well as Brentford hanging out for the best deal, and at long last we are not that desperate to sell players.

I know it appears that we are going against our "model" for moving a player on, but he has only done 1 year of a four year contract and now has three years left, hence the reluctance to let him move on just yet, The January window opens in just 21 weeks time and perhaps his agent realises that could be more beneficial financially to all parties concerned, who knows how they work? what I do know is they seem to make a lot of money just for sitting round a table talking. money!!

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, thabucks said:

It’s probs just a smokescreen and we will swoop for Daniel Sturridge.

FTFY 😋

• Haha 2

50 minutes ago, useless said:

Another thing that's fuelling people's believe that we're in for him, is that some on here with inside information have said we've made a bid. But of course whether that bid gets accepted is a totally different matter.

But won't say in any way what that info is. It's JulieB all over again

45 minutes ago, LakotaDakota said:

Who calls their kid Amir if their surname is Mir

When you use the correct pronunciation it doesnt sound so odd, "Aa-murr" (Like Armour but with a harder 'r' sound at the end) "meer" Like (Ben) Mee with a 'r' on the end