Summer Transfer Window 2019 (closed)

sne

26 minutes ago, useless said:

Also the recency of it, suggests that Trezeguet isn't an alternative, but rather we want both.

This. We were interested in Hassan before the bid went in for Benrahma. We need two wide players anyway, as Green isn't good enough. Tbh if we paid up to 20m for Benrahma I'd be OK with it, as he will be worth 40-50m in a season or two in the PL. 

Edited by Made In Aston

Leao is already playing for a club in the Champions league, and is being linked to other clubs in the Champions league. Link to him, reminds me of when we were linked to Martial the year we signed all those players from the French league, a link that came from L'Equipe as it happens.

10 minutes ago, useless said:

Leao is already playing for a club in the Champions league, and is being linked to other clubs in the Champions league. Link to him, reminds me of when we were linked to Martial the year we signed all those players from the French league, a link that came from L'Equipe as it happens.

If Wolves can sign players like Neves and Jiminez, I don't see why we can't sign Leao over supposed "bigger" clubs than us.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Neves and Jiminez weren't getting a game at Benfica and Porto, and no other clubs other than Wolves were in for them, it wasn't like they beat a load of Champions league clubs to their signatures. Not totally ruling out Leao signing for us, for we all know all these links to Inter Milan and so on could be paper talk, just saying that it seems very unlikely, and probably not worth getting our hopes up over. If we are actually in for him then thats a good sign of our ambitions though, and if we fail with him, maybe we'll try for someone equally as impressive elsewhere.

Edited by useless

14 minutes ago, useless said:

Neves and Jiminez weren't getting a game at Benfica and Porto, and no other clubs other than Wolves were in for them, it wasn't like they beat a load of Champions league clubs to their signatures. Not totally ruling out Leao signing for us, for we all know all these links to Inter Milan and so on could be paper talk, just saying that it seems very unlikely, and probably not worth getting our hopes up over. If we are actually in for him then thats a good sign of our ambitions though, and if we fail with him, maybe we'll try for someone equally as impressive elsewhere.

What makes you say that mate? In 3 seasons Nevez played 93 games and Jiménez player 120. 

• Haha 1

In Neves' final season with Porto he only played about five times in the league, and Jiminez was a bench player for Benfica. Not saying they weren't good signings or big coups for Wolves, just us trying to sign Leao is different to those signings.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Morkery said:

I'd rather have Maupay.

Leao will take two or three seasons to get going and then he'll be off.

Why would Leao take 2/3 seasons to get going and Maupay hit the ground straight away? Who’s to say Maupay couldn’t cope with the prem. We could lose any player if they do well, doesn’t mean we shouldn’t go in for them.

11 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

I don't understand why we think Leao is a thing?

The same reason some believe we are getting Benrahma all of a sudden ... a foreign newspaper link which is being taken as gospel... the same paper said we were interested in Leao previously. I want both too happen but one being highly more realistic than the other ....  

Edited by thabucks
Must proof read !

4 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

Why would Leao take 2/3 seasons to get going and Maupay hit the ground straight away? Who’s to say Maupay couldn’t cope with the prem. We could lose any player if they do well, doesn’t mean we shouldn’t go in for them.

Agree with your last point. Only my opinion, but I think Maupay will adapt far quicker.

Rafael Leao signing would be a stunning capture by Aston Villa

By Amir Mir

Aston Villa have already broken their club-record transfer on a striker. Could they do the same with Rafael Leao?

Aston Villa have signed one striker already this summer, but could they dip into the market and add another player to their ranks?

French outlet L'Equipe previously claimed that Aston Villa are one of several clubs to have made a move for Lille wonderkid Rafael Leao this summer. 

Striker Leao is seemingly being chased by some of the best in Europe, and if Villa can somehow sneak in and secure his signature then it'll take their current transfer dealings to a whole new level. 

The Midlands outfit have signed eight players this summer, with one of them being Club Brugge hitman Wesley Moraes, who joined Villa for a club-record fee.

It could be argued that Villa need more bite up top and some more depth as they prepare to make a return to the Premier League where they will be severely tested against the best of the best. 

If Villa do secure the services of Leao then they'll be signing an attacker who is a pure finisher and a high-quality technician in and around the final third. 

It would have to take something special for Villa to sign Leao, but given that the Midlands outfit have the financial power to sign a player of his quality nothing should be ruled out.

The Portuguese attacker is currently plying his trade in France's top league, where he netted eight goals for Lille last season. It is a market that has worked well for Villa before.

They signed Anwar El Ghazi from Lille and the fact that the Dutchman penned a permanent contract following his loan spell, that in itself proves how successful it has been so far for the winger.

Stunning capture!

Edited by AvfcRigo82

4 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

French outlet L'Equipe previously claimed that Aston Villa are one of several clubs to have made a move for Lille wonderkid Rafael Leao this summer

So this link is rubbish in some eyes but the Benrahma one isn’t ... 🤔🤔🤔