Summer Transfer Window 2019 (closed)

sne

42 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Here we go! 

I think after all the jovial flack we now love to inflict on you, that an actual Wednesday signing is deserved and provides closure. 

5 hours ago, Kiwivillan said:

For the 3rd time no problem with idle speculation or alleged ITK just tenuous new threads dedicated to a player. Anyone else want to pile in on me?

To be clear I t’s not a personal dig at you, just my view on the speculation thread (and also twitter where it is x1000, but you do get wannabes on there).

This is generally a mature and well natured forum and no one as far as I can tell, tries to pretend to be the big I am or bullsh*t the forum users. I assume what people post is well intended and we have to allow it without creating a hostility and witch hunt that prevents anyone posting snippets that wouldn’t necessarily stand up in court.

My view is different to some, but all our views are valid. One thing I don’t like, and I am not levelling this at you, is the stick people get for posting stuff up, and the pleasure and voracity some take in calling out what don’t think is true - how can anyone really know? So for me, get it all out there, this is what this thread is about.

Absolutely no-one really knows it’s validity and we will only know who we get on August the 8th. We should also remember, ‘many a slip between cup and lip’: transfers are complicated and fall down even when seemingly done.

Edited by thunderball
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Jesus yall still talking about that, this is the transfers page not the who telling lies or truth page.

Back on topic.

In regards to this Marvelous Nakamba deal I am curious as to who we wanted them to loan off of us. It seems as though Nakamba wants to join us real bad and were interested so I don't understand why we would put such a stipulation in place unless it's for one of our youngsters.

I was thinking if there is an ounce of truth in the rumour we demanded Brugge take a player for £££ it was possibly a highly rated young prospect who we have targeted but are unable to get a work permit for at present ?! 

3 minutes ago, Dave-R said:

Jesus yall still talking about that, this is the transfers page not the who telling lies or truth page.

Back on topic.

In regards to this Marvelous Nakamba deal I am curious as to who we wanted them to loan off of us. It seems as though Nakamba wants to join us real bad and were interested so I don't understand why we would put such a stipulation in place unless it's for one of our youngsters.

Maybe Kalinic? We will need to offload him to make way for a new keeper.

I still reckon we will go all out on Butland. Stoke are playing tough now but in the end we'll get him in for the price we want to pay plus a little extra. 

PO Final Line Up                 New Line Up

Steer                                     Steer

Elmo                                     Guilbert/Elmo

Tuanzebe                             Konsa

Mings                                   Mings

Taylor                                   Targett

McGinn                                McGinn

Hourihane                           Hourihane

Grealish                               Grealish

Adomah                              Jota

El Ghazi                               El Ghazi/Trézéguet

Abraham                             Wesley

I think we’re pretty strong everywhere with the exception of GK and the squad depth to challenge Wesley.

4 minutes ago, alreadyexists said:

I think we’re pretty strong everywhere with the exception of GK and the squad depth to challenge Wesley.

Our DMC position is weak as piss. As is our depth in central midfield. 

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, alreadyexists said:

i expect that steer and/or hourihane will not be in the starting XI vs spurs

Still think we need:
1 x DM
1 x RW/LW
1 x ST
1 x GK

I know everybody keeps saying 'doing a fulham', and whilst this might not be true in the sense that we actually needed to buy players to be able to field a team, we are integrating a helluva lot of new players into the side.
If the likes of Wesley, Trezeguet, Engels, Konsa, Targett struggle, we'll be in for a very long season indeed. 

I know it's great fun signing foreigners for big money but I must say I'm very nervous about how they'll integrate. This season could be as much a disaster as it could be a success. (kind of stating the obvious I know).

• Like 2