Summer Transfer Window 2019 (closed)

sne

I remember Trezeguet from the World Cup last year but that was mainly due to him looking not much like the original Trezeguet he's named after rather than his ability.  Still I think we need to look at this kind of signing as well as the British-based players we've been linked with.

40 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

not sure how good he looks, to be honest some if his skill looks a bit chancy, and its in Turkey, what is the level of that league?

Honestly some of his "moves" look like the type of moves that would get shut down easily at a higher level, dunno tho?

He was spoke about on talksport last night by guy doing the update of afcon , said was one of Egypt stand out performers

• Like 1

1 minute ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

Laeo and Trezeguet would be great signings to accommodate Wesley and the rest of our squad.

So you think Laeo and Trezuguet are direct replacement for Maupay and Banhrama if they both prove too pricey?

(if there’s any truth at all, it’s the speculation thread so I’m speculating)

Edited by alreadyexists
  • Like 2

Just now, alreadyexists said:

So you think Laeo and Trezuguet are direct replacement for Maupay and Banhrama if they both prove too pricey?

Could very well be.

I think it's more of a case the lazy journalists are pricing made up fee's out of mid air when we read those prices.

But as we know, there is value to be had elsewhere and about time we started seeing some of Suso's 'little black book'.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, alreadyexists said:

Maybe they feel for the price quoted for Maupay vs Leao the latter has higher potential and offers better value .. if we really wanted Maupay we would of signed him over Wesley IMO. Maybe they feel he won’t improve a great deal more and for the fee it would take to prise him away better value can be found in Leao and Wesley ....

Edited by thabucks
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, alreadyexists said:

I'm going with probably all 4 made up rumours.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, MaVilla said:

Yeah lol.

Abraham (Villa), Hector (Sheff Wed), Kane (Hull), Baker (Leeds), Blackman (Leeds), Kalas (Bristol), tomori (Derby), Mount (Derby), DaSilva (Bristol), Brown (Leeds), Palmer (Bristol), Chalobah (Ipswich), Reece (Wigan), afaik.

there were also numerous other Chelsea players on loan to league 2 and abroad.

I read there were 43 Chelsea players out on loan last season. It's a rort

Edited by Kiwivillan

4 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

I read there was 43 Chelsea players out on loan last season. It's a rort

When is that rule coming in that limits it to 8? (Was it 8?)

Edit

It's 8, apparently 20/21 season, is this still going ahead?

If so there are going to be so so many youth or young players available from these top clubs if they can't loan them out, Chelsea couldn't possibly accommodate 40 players who they can't loan out any more......

I like it though, the practice is pretty disgusting tbh and it might give lower level teams a much better chance to get, develop and profit from youth in the future as they aren't all concentrated in a small number of teams.

Edited by MaVilla
  • Like 1

31 minutes ago, alreadyexists said:

Not for Maupay but for Benrahma yes

9 minutes ago, rubberman said:

Not sure why you'd want to really... 

well, afaik he's still contracted to us?

wondered if Deano will send him out on loan for his last season? (contract runs out 2020 - doesnt seem much point in a loan in that case), or whether DS might try to develop him in to something like a squad player?

or is he just a completely lost cause?

Been watching his Killie highlights, he doesnt look completely terrible.

or we just need to offer out on a free transfer to get his wages off the books?

Edited by MaVilla

2 hours ago, Thats2 said:

I like this link, I hope it’s true. I’ve watched a fair bit of the SuperLig and he always stood out for me. Deceptive pace, brave, runs through tackles, doesn’t have the greatest close control but his quick footballing brain, boldness and long legs allow him to carve through defenders on mazy runs (shows up well in the vids). I think he’s an awkward player to defend. Will get caught lunging now and again, especially when the ball escapes him, has to be careful about that.

He scored a cracking first goal of the AFCON for Egypt and has looked a threat in each game he's played. 

1 hour ago, Philosopher said:

To be fair RHM was brought into the first team squad and given his first run out in the premier league at 16 by Sherwood, who coincidently gave Kane his chance at Spurs. Since however RHM has been very injury prone and suffered a serious injury, which has set his development back alot. Whether he can make it now is highly questionable but in terms of talent he 'was' right up there.

Also Trezeguet is a bad idea. 2 years in belgium and couldn't learn the language and is fast in turkey but with the athletes in the premier league is reckon his pace is nothing special.

I think you'll find him fast whichever league he plays in! ;)