Summer Transfer Window 2019 (closed)

sne

27 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I mentioned on the other thread how good Kodija was in his first season with us. Check out some of his goals, defenders couldn’t handle him. 

Since the injury he’s never been the same again. 

Agree Rondon is a much better player. He is the kind of player defenders hate playing against as he showed against city and Liverpool the 2 best defences in the country and they struggled to contain him. 

Dealing with a slow motion Kodija would be food and drink for them, 

Never said he wasn't a decent player once upon a time but from what I've seen in the past 18 months that ship has well and truly sailed.

• Like 2

Mitovic and Rondon?  I'm glad VillaTalk doesn't make our signings 

If we sign either of those then it tells me where our intentions are at for the coming season.

Mitrovic has a career 1 in 4 goal ratio and Rondon has 35 goals in 140 games for WBA & Newc in the prem (also 1 in 4)

Either would cost £20m ish,

no thanks

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

What makes you think that?

We’re a vibrant, young and attacking side who likes to play on the ground, Newcastle’s tactic is to just hoof it up to Rondon when he was there and feed off the scraps, not exactly entertaining 

1 minute ago, Junxs said:

Mitovic and Rondon?  I'm glad VillaTalk doesn't make our signings 

If we sign either of those then it tells me where our intentions are at for the coming season.

Mitrovic has a career 1 in 4 goal ratio and Rondon has 35 goals in 140 games for WBA & Newc in the prem (also 1 in 4)

Either would cost £20m ish,

no thanks

Who do you suggest then?

1 minute ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

We’re a vibrant, young and attacking side who likes to play on the ground, Newcastle’s tactic is to just hoof it up to Rondon when he was there and feed off the scraps, not exactly entertaining 

They didn’t play that way in the Championship mate. Rafa had to adapt them to do would be could to keep them up.  

Lets see how we play next season before we get too excited about our style of football. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

Surely we’re a more attractive proposition than Newcastle?

established premiership side with talks of a huge takeover vs a side that has just come up with the aid of largely loan players that needs to substantially strengthen in order to be competitive. sorry, but most players would sign of the barcodes over us at the moment

Just now, sir_gary_cahill said:

Who do you suggest then?

Instead of those 2? I'd rather give Davis the season!

Might as well get Heskey out of retirement if people are serious about those 2

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Instead of those 2? I'd rather give Davis the season!

Might as well get Heskey out of retirement if people are serious about those 2

You think Davis is going to score goals in the Premier League?

Just now, sir_gary_cahill said:

You think Davis is going to score goals in the Premier League?

I don't think Rondon or Mitrovic would score much more - thats the point I'm making

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

established premiership side with talks of a huge takeover vs a side that has just come up with the aid of largely loan players that needs to substantially strengthen in order to be competitive. sorry, but most players would sign of the barcodes over us at the moment

I disagree, we have new, ambitious owners, Mike Ashley is as dodgy as they come. Yes, Rafa is an excellent manager but we have a vibrant and young manager in Smith. I think we’re currently an attractive proposition, particularly after our play off victory

2 minutes ago, Junxs said:

I don't think Rondon or Mitrovic would score much more - thats the point I'm making

Than Davis? Mitrovic is a proven, young international striker who has scored goals wherever he’s been throughout his career

• Like 2

11 goals 7 assists in 32 games for rondon last season, not a bad return. We scored most our goals from crosses last season, makes sense to me to have a big man up front, wouldn't cost a fortune either. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Junxs said:

Rondon scored a goal for every 237.18 minutes last season.

Raul Jimenez scored a goal for every 240.38 minutes last season. 

I'll take Jimenez-like production from a guy on a free.

• Like 1