Summer Transfer Window 2019 (closed)

sne

As for Whelan, and i never thought I would say this. I think he might be OK as a backup for one more season in the Championship.

But I think he'd be worse than useless in any role what so ever in the PL. We''ll be on the back foot every game the whole season and he'd be exposed constantly.

Adomah is another one I feel should be released or sold depending on what his contract situation is. Not useless but way too inconsistent.

• Like 1

I can see us going back for Isaac Hayden. In the Championship, he, along with Grealish and McGinn would dominate. In the PL it would be a vibrant youthful core that would need a class old head along with them. If we go up, add Bowen too.

• Like 1

Gary Cahill is contract end in summer so should we go for him if we promotion up back to premiership? Free transfer.

He will take axel place if axel don't move in with us as ole will keep him at The Old Trafford.

We should go sign Mings for around 8 to 12 millions .

If we go back in for henry in summer for left back if Fulham regelation so we try get Sam Bryan again try for price drop ..

Henry/bryan-ming-cahill-gilberto will be good balance defence with good fullback.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, sne said:

As for Whelan, and i never thought I would say this. I think he might be OK as a backup for one more season in the Championship.

He's 35, he's done for. Ship him out along with the rest of the geriatrics. 

4 minutes ago, Mazrim said:

Cahill is a good shout. As well as Axel though. Not instead. Plus Mings and maybe Hause.

Hause I would not mind sign him as permanently term as he is cheap and play him back up to mings or play left back if needed for strong defence and extra height presences ie set piece.

I would love see axel back for loan or ole let us to buy him ..which I didn't see this happening.

• Like 1

Obviously our transfer windows will be completely different depending on how the season ends. But if we stay in this league our biggest signings will be trying to keep hold of Grealish and Mcginn. I think if they can be convinced we are going to have a realistic crack at top 2 they might give us another year. 

Then we need to sign Mings, Hause and El Ghazi.  We need a new LB, a new DM, probably another winger and another striker unless we secure Abraham for another year.

I know FFP and all that but I say F**k FFP.  It’s been a convenient excuse for owners that have no money not to spend for too long. Purslow says we have money to spend and I believe him. 

We’re going to be in the Premier League either next season or the one after. I’m convinced of that.

Edited by Vive_La_Villa

1 hour ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Obviously our transfer windows will be completely different depending on how the season ends. But if we stay in this league our biggest signings will be trying to keep hold of Grealish and Mcginn. I think if they can be convinced we are going to have a realistic crack at top 2 they might give us another year. 

Then we need to sign Mings, Hause and El Ghazi.  We need a new LB, a new DM, probably another winger and another striker unless we secure Abraham for another year.

I know FFP and all that but I say F**k FFP.  It’s been a convenient excuse for owners that have no money not to spend for too long. Purslow says we have money to spend and I believe him. 

We’re going to be in the Premier League either next season or the one after. I’m convinced of that.

If we stay in this league for next season then you could argue Taylor would be ok at left back. He's really stepped up over the last 6 weeks.

21 hours ago, Danny_Villaman84 said:

Gary Cahill is contract end in summer so should we go for him if we promotion up back to premiership? Free transfer.

I wouldn't want this, he would have been a gamble this season let alone in the Premiership a year later.

We need to be buying players for the future with resale value and stop buying players coming to the end of their careers.

• Like 4

28 minutes ago, wilko154 said:

I wouldn't want this, he would have been a gamble this season let alone in the Premiership a year later.

We need to be buying players for the future with resale value and stop buying players coming to the end of their careers.

I don’t mind having one or two of those. Look at the difference Terry made last year in mentality.

If we sign cahill and eg mings and Abraham that would balance things out for me. 

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, daggy_333 said:

If we stay in this league for next season then you could argue Taylor would be ok at left back. He's really stepped up over the last 6 weeks.

I disagree with this. Yes Taylor has been better but imo both flanks will need a massive overhaul should we go up. El Ghazi would be the only player I would retain in the current squad. The right FB coming in from France maybe a solution but RM and LB require  longer term solutions of a higher quality. Hause may step up but I would still look at other options. Ming's would be staying at CB if we managed to hold onto him. Taylor would get destroyed in the prem.

1 hour ago, wilko154 said:

This. 

Cahill is on £120k/w at Chelsea, granted he'll be on £0/w when his contract runs out.

But I bet he'd be very expensive still and want a 3 year contract.

Not the way to go.

We apparantley were extremely keen to get Chalobah from Watford in January............ I think if promoted hell be the kind of guy we get to replace Whelo 

Dont rule out Ryan Woods as well if we go up 

22 minutes ago, Adbo9 said:

We apparantley were extremely keen to get Chalobah from Watford in January............ I think if promoted hell be the kind of guy we get to replace Whelo 

Dont rule out Ryan Woods as well if we go up 

I wonder how he's gotten on at Stoke this year, it seems most Brentford players fail to live up to the hype once they move on.........

There isn't one way to do it. Getting a veteran like Cahill to work alongside a core of younger potential seems like sense to me. And er, while Cahill wouldnt be cheap, do we look like we need the money?

• Like 1