Match Thread: Villa v West Brom

limpid

Just checked the score, I fear for Smith. I understand Villa fans are demanding, and some don't accept that he's inherited a basket case squad. 

I think we we're missing Grealish and we have no other player with similar qualities. If we had him fit we would be much better. 

Getting beat at home to Baggies is horrible. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I can see the owners coming in soon and it won't be good for certain players and they deserve all they get really. 

Bet Smith is doing a Fergie in the dressing room as this lot frustrate us so can imagine how he's feeling being the one to lead them.

Something has to give, were still good for a draw maybe.

We don't deserve to be losing but I ask again, how shite is Hourihane?!!! Makes no effort to move the ball forward and just passes the ball back every time he has it. Complete coward and we will go nowhere with him in the team !!!!

4 minutes ago, VillaAlex said:

Big problem here is we're trying to play a way that doesn't suit players. Hourihane and Whelan can't play this system, every game we're being over run. Every game our fullbacks are being pulled out of position. Every game Tammy is isolated because nobody can get near him. We're bound to fail, I can't believe we failed to address obvious problems in January. 

A good manager find another way to win when he loses key players for a system. I'm really disappointed smith has stubbonly stuck with a system that clearly doesn't work with the players available. 

• Like 2

Just now, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I genuinely don't see what Smith could have done about those 2 goals ffs.

This is the best we've actually played for a while and been suckerpunched.

When we are shit I can see the logic but not here.

Please. Scraping the barrel now with excuses for this man. 

Yes lucky goals but they have been coming and it’s not just about this week and you know it.

The man is a dud and I guarantee we could give him 10 years and he still won’t get us anywhere near promotion. Out of his depth and clueless how to change our fortunes. 

• Confused 2

Just now, Made In Aston said:

A good manager find another way to win when he loses key players for a system. I'm really disappointed smith has stubbonly stuck with a system that clearly doesn't work with the players available. 

One trick pony. He doesn't haven't any other way of doing things

• Like 1

Just now, Paul33 said:

We don't deserve to be losing but I ask again, how shite is Hourihane?!!! Makes no effort to move the ball forward and just passes the ball back every time he has it. Complete coward and we will go nowhere with him in the team !!!!

Careful, you'll have someone slapping you round the face with his pass completion stats in a second.

He's done the system this guy. Genius.

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, PompeyVillan said:

Speak for yourself mate. I'm VTID and always will be. 

We all are, that's why half of the fan base are pissed with what we witness week in week out and becoming fed up of the same old shit.

Edited by AvfcRigo82

1 minute ago, Paul33 said:

We have no one quality to replace him though that's how sad it is.

Bring the damn youth on let them have a crack.

• Like 1