Match Thread: Villa v West Brom

limpid

1 minute ago, lexicon said:

I'm getting pissed off with the fans tbf. It seems that everything is demanded immediately and there's no allowance for time or bumps in the road. 

We have to get behind this project and so many people said that they were willing to but truthfully, they're not. 

What project? 

Oddly we have been playing average today which is a huge improvement.

Green is offering no defensive cover down their right and Elmo little down their left.

That's one issue but if we want to attack then I can accept it as a trade off if we actually look like scoring.

Tammy's simple tap in which he messed up massively.

The ref just talking to 3 of their player who 4 times took our players clean out before the 5th one got a booking but houraine gets one for 1 challenge which was the first late challenge we've made up to that point and mings getting one for pointing out what everyone else saw which was a goal kick.

Ref has been very very lenient with the boggies 

Their 2nd, a midfielder who took the ball facing away from goal turns and moves forwards... something our midfielders are incapable of doing. If that was us he would have passed it all the way back to left back, back to the keeper to kick it into touch.

Each week we lose the midfield no matter who we play or what player plays there.

That's down to tactics.

• Like 1

I felt somehow quilty in the beginning when we played quite well and I was just expecting WBA to score. I was angry at myself for not having any faith.

So, I don't feel much of anything now. 0 - 2 at HT. This is how it should be.

3 minutes ago, lexicon said:

I'm getting pissed off with the fans tbf. It seems that everything is demanded immediately and there's no allowance for time or bumps in the road. 

We have to get behind this project and so many people said that they were willing to but truthfully, they're not. 

im behind the project but once again i feel we have players who simply picking up their pay and cruising, i hate too many of our players, they're shit and even worse barely seem to try half the time

im not getting behind them

2 minutes ago, lexicon said:

Immediately?? No one is all we are asking for us a couple wins just so bloody wins not losing every bloody week.  Two wins in 14 is absolutely pathetic 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Dean Smith should not be immune for the sack just because it's his first season, that's ridicilous.

He need to earn his right to keep his job by the end of the season.

What get the sack for what exactly, promotion isnt a demand from the owners. Remember bruce was taking us towards relegation at least when smith came in hes got us points, and taken us mid table.

Is beyond stupid saying Smith should get sack.

Next season I want to see an Improvement!!!

If this is a project, its destined to fail. You all complain it's cause we are missing key players. We won't have them next season, an no one short of £40 million is going to replace Grealish. 

So where's the plan B????

Where's the coaching, the progress?

3 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

We all are, that's why half of the fan base are pissed with what we witness week in week out and becoming fed up of the same old shit.

"We". Like I said, speak for yourself. I'm not delighted with how we are playing, but I can't see the benefit in baying for blood personally. I can't see how it can do any good. 

Smith needs to give the fans something. Cant keep losing games with the worst defense record in the league and expect 40k people to blindly follow.

Give us a win ..... Any ****ing win will do. 2 in 14 now...

Just now, Dave-R said:

What get the sack for what exactly, promotion isnt a demand from the owners. Remember bruce was taking us towards relegation at least when smith came in hes got us points, and taken us mid table.

Is beyond stupid saying Smith should get sack.

Next season I want to see an Improvement!!!

Smith would be steering is down the same path had he start3d the season with this set of results

3 minutes ago, Paul33 said:

We don't deserve to be losing but I ask again, how shite is Hourihane?!!! Makes no effort to move the ball forward and just passes the ball back every time he has it. Complete coward and we will go nowhere with him in the team !!!!

Totally agree. He’s a very limited player , slow , & when you have no technical skill you have no confidence when oppposition comes within 10 ft , panic & pass back. 

• Like 1