Racism Part two

Demitri_C

26 minutes ago, Genie said:

I think so judging by the damage done to so many already and the shopping list that has been drawn up for the others.

If the police had stepped in I’m sure it wouldn’t have been pretty but it would have at least shown people can’t just make criminal damage without consequence.

It also increases the risk of people taking the law in to their own hands to protect these monuments. It’s a slippery slope. 

Im glad there’s still a lockdown. 

Edited by Vive_La_Villa
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

It’s classic comedy.  Many people love it but it will definitely be considered racist in this day and age.  I’m surprised it hasn’t been mentioned.

I can't recall any racism in Only Fools.  Did I miss it, was I oblivious to it?

Just now, Davkaus said:

I think it's important to recognise it's a fringe group of nutters who want to target things like the Churchill statue or the cenotaph and not even a significant minority of the protestors.

It is. But it’s always the fringe group of nutters that make the headlines.  They are ruining it for everyone. 

2 minutes ago, NurembergVillan said:

I can't recall any racism in Only Fools.  Did I miss it, was I oblivious to it?

There was the odd episode . In one of the old ones a p**i shop being open all the time was mentioned. It was a more a sign of the times and terms that could be used rather than any malice. 

• Thanks 1

Just now, sharkyvilla said:

Maybe the turban crash helmet Del Boy tried selling?  It's been a long time since I've watched any of it.

The “turbanator” I think Derek refers to him as.

3 minutes ago, sharkyvilla said:

Maybe the turban crash helmet Del Boy tried selling?  It's been a long time since I've watched any of it.

The doctor saying I’ll be back before riding away on his scooter and Delboy calling him a Turbanater!! To be fair even Sikhs found that one funny. 

Edited by Vive_La_Villa
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I get pulling down statues of slave traders. Totally understand it. But vandalising a statute that millions of British people see as a as national hero is going to create more divisions than it will unity.

It needs to remain covered for quite a while I reckon. 

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

The doctor saying I’ll be back before riding away on his scooter and Delboy calling him a Turbanater!! To be fair even Sikhs found that one funny. 

I think this is where nuance comes into it.  That's a proper joke about someone wearing a turban, it's not playing up to a lazy stereotype.

BLM isn't to make ethnic minorities untouchable, it's to ensure everyone is viewed as equal - whether that be in work, school, sport, music, comedy, whatever.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, NurembergVillan said:

I think this is where nuance comes into it.  That's a proper joke about someone wearing a turban, it's not playing up to a lazy stereotype.

BLM isn't to make ethnic minorities untouchable, it's to ensure everyone is viewed as equal - whether that be in work, school, sport, music, comedy, whatever.

Yeah that was funny.  The p**i shop one I’m pretty sure was removed a long time ago.

Edited by Vive_La_Villa

4 minutes ago, Xela said:

Penny Lane signs defaced in Liverpool

Has anyone seen @bickster recently? :detect:

It turns out it isn't named after a slaver either as it's existence predates the slaver it was supposedly named after

The song isn't about the road either though.

And... It was quite lucky that there was a street sign there to vandalise, they usually get stolen

4 hours ago, Seat68 said:

Can’t believe I am doing this as its the **** police and they were shitter than shit. That is clearly not them being racist. Thats them having a laugh as they were called shitty white reggae after their debut. 

Either way, N.W.A. had it right. 

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, HanoiVillan said:

No, they aren't.

I remember the handsworth riots in 1981,broad water farm 1985 ?Lots of brilliant Television pictures and many people felt things were going to change did it achieve anything. ?

If things get violent tomorrow and statues of Churchill are attacked I am sure some on here will be happy,I also think Tommy Robinson is going to be happy.

BLM has achieved a lot of good Will and many people are examining their behaviour but violence and aggression is not going to encourage racial harmony.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, choffer said:

Either way, N.W.A. had it right. 

Yup. It gets funky when you got a subject and a predicate.

That albums probably going into the "Only with the windows up" section of my car stereo playlist from now on.

Edited by Brumerican

Â