Norwich City

TRO

I know they got beaten 4-1, but it was Liverpool and even with that I thought Norwich played some really nice football at times.

I think they will surprise a few mid to lower table teams this season.

I watched the game last night and a few things struck me. Norwich are a nice team to watch but both full backs are naive. If you’re up against Mo Salah you can’t be 20-30 yards ahead of him and lose possession. 

Also, when you get chances against the likes of Liverpool you must take them. 

From a villa point of view I’d hope our defensive unit will be a bit better than Norwich. I just hope when we create chances we take them. 

We will probably get a bit of kicking over the course of the season too so I won’t laugh at Norwich. 

1 hour ago, Zatman said:

Defensively they will suffer. Hanley and Krul weren't good enough 5 years ago 

They look a bombsite at the back. Crazy that they didnt spend some money in the summer to sort it out. I didnt think they would go down before last night but now I'm fairly certain they will.

Norwich look exactly like they did last year.. good going forward and decent energy in midfield, but lacking organisation at the back. They grew into last nights games after a disastrous first half, but they're gonna have to score a lot of goals this year you feel.

Didn't make a disgrace of themselves against a very very good Liverpool team though. We'll know more about their prospects this season when they're up against slightly lesser opposition.

2 hours ago, villa89 said:

They look a bombsite at the back. Crazy that they didnt spend some money in the summer to sort it out. I didnt think they would go down before last night but now I'm fairly certain they will.

to be fair, Liverpool can make most long standing premiership clubs defence look poor.

Personally i thought Norwich will do ok in the Prem if they play like they did against Liverpool, granted they wont blow the league away, but they played some really nice football and created 3 or 4 good chances (they just didnt take them), they got taken apart by one of the best clubs in europe and the reigning champions league holders , no shame in that.

I dont think they will get relegated if they play like that week in week out.

3 hours ago, MaVilla said:

Apparently Hernandez fell.over at home and did his ACL, 3 months out.

Is he a key player for them?

Definitely first choice.

Pat Roberts will likely see more minutes now. Plenty of ability but his defensive work leaves a bit to be desired for me.

Â