Norwich City

TRO

5 hours ago, Zatman said:

If Pukki gets about 10 goals before Christmas I could see a team desperately bidding big money for him in January

Nah, not turning 30 a few months later.

It's very obvious he fits the style of the team as opposed to just being a goal machine making all his own chances.

Wouldn't put it past old potato head though...

• 1 year later...

I don't get what is in it from for Norwich City selling Emiliano Beundia. The 35 million pounds they'll get they are unlikely to get anyone much better, unless their scouts have identified a couple of dead cert options for 15 million? Does not make sense to me.

I feel for their fans, much in the same way in 1975 last game of the season at Carrow Road when Villa beat them 4:1 and returned to the first division.

10 minutes ago, fruitvilla said:

I don't get what is in it from for Norwich City selling Emiliano Beundia. The 35 million pounds they'll get they are unlikely to get anyone much better, unless their scouts have identified a couple of dead cert options for 15 million? Does not make sense to me.

I feel for their fans, much in the same way in 1975 last game of the season at Carrow Road when Villa beat them 4:1 and returned to the first division.

They are a budget club sadly teams want to survive in the Premier League and not compete. This isnt a problem for Norwich but the entire league system

Norwich will probably be buying similar type players in a smaller budget than 15 million 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Zatman said:

They are a budget club sadly teams want to survive in the Premier League and not compete. This isnt a problem for Norwich but the entire league system

Norwich will probably be buying similar type players in a smaller budget than 15 million 

Surely the chances of surviving are better with Buendia than without. The 40 million they receive is nothing compared the PL status. 

I genuinely cant fathom why they're selling him.

They're a club in the middle of nowhere who know they are never going to kick on or attract any decent names , this year or the next 1000.

This is as good as it gets. PL club self sufficient just making hay while the sun shines.

Stuart Webber their Sporting Director gave an interview on Norwich TV in which he said if they can sell one of their players for big money then it would help them strengthen overall, which kind of makes sense, they had Buendia the last time they were in the premier league, but he and a number of other good players couldn't save them from relegation, so why try the same thing again.

Of course some might wonder why don't they just keep Buendia and buy some players, but in the same interview he was basically saying that they don't have any money, and said there was also a '£30m hole' in the accounts after covid.

When you think about it what they're doing isn't much different from what Bradford do, yet Bradford are praised whilst The Canaries are charged with lacking ambition, what's more you could say that Norwich have actually been more succesful.

• Like 2

Using a similar transfer strategy to Brentford over the last few seasons, Norwich managed to get promoted automatically as championsh, relegated and then re-promoted automatically as champions again all before Brentford got themselves up through the play-offs for the first time. Kind of suggests that Norwich have already been more succesful than Brentford in the transfer markert, they just don't get the same hype, despite their team having done better.

Brentford now are where Norwich were after promotion in 2018/19, so the question should rather be can Brentford do better than that Norwich team did, as it happens I think that they will, but as it stands Norwich have been the more succesful club over the last few seasons.

Edit: Norwich have spent a lot less money than Brentford as well.

Edited by useless
  • Like 2

It sucks selling your best players, especially to clubs in the same division. I wouldn't say that I feel for their fans because I don't care about them. But I certainly know how they feel.

I get the vibe that they are just visiting the Premier League, and safe to call them relegation candidates.

The Canaries will be cannon fodder.

Canonary fodder.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, blandy said:

Norwich is a well run club, but is not owned by super rich people. So they have to be completely self reliant for funding. A good while ago now they were in a terrible mess, in the third tier and totally skint. That they sorted themselves out, cleared the debts and bounced back is due to the way they have been run by their owners. A bit like Brentford they stick to a way of playing, a style of football, a way of managing the finances. I admire them hugely for it and I also like their fans from back when I spent the best part of a year living out that way.

so selling Buendia for a ton and using the money to pick up one or two replacements for much less makes sense to their way of sustaining themselves. The fans might be gutted and angry, but I think they trust their owners and manager. They should do. The only thing to doubt is that last time they came up, they didn’t really invest much in trying to stay up and they didn’t compromise their playing style, so like you say it’s going to look like a blow to their chances of staying up this time unless they replace him. Brentford keep managing to do that. Maybe Nodge can too?

This. Plus the fact it's likely there's been an agreement for Buendia to move on if they got a reasonable offer this season.

He stayed when he could have left last season. They get a decent transfer wedge this season and got promoted.

It's basically a win win for them. Promotion means a lot.

Personally I think they will sell Aarons too and reinvest in 3-4 championship punts. If just one works out it’s a profit made already.

Edited by KenjiOgiwara
  • Like 1

Just had a look on their forum, here’s a run down of their current trending topics titles:

‘A feeling of sadness’

‘Calm down guys’ 

‘Who’s in shock’ 

‘Our project and the Villa project’

’The I hate villa thread’

And I thought we had issues  🤣🤣

They talk about us more than small heath fans. Mind you the latter has got a thread of our transfer as well 

6 minutes ago, Mantis said:

Why is their main forum called "Pink Un"?

Used to be a Norwich sports newspaper printed on pink paper (like the Argus). The forum is a continuation of that I believe. 

• Like 1

They are not that much bigger than us. We were going head to head with them in the 90s and 3 years ago were ahead of them in football terms. Yes they have a bigger support base but they are also trying to maximise their potential under wealthy owners.

Just read that on their forum, possibly one of the most deluded things I've ever read, and I've been gobbling down Arsenal fan reactions the past week.

They've only ever won 2 League Cups and they're highest ever finish was third. In a season we finished above them...

• Like 1

I think it was one of the first years I started watching football they had a good side that qualified for Europe. When they had Ruel Fox, Jeremy Goss, Ian Culverhouse, Bryan Gunn in goal. Efan Ekoku up front. That was about it, they’ve done well to add 2 championship titles to their honours in 3 years. But that seems to have gone to their head.

They are miniscule compared to us.

I saw one of their fans on pinkun reference us getting promoted and relegated alongside them a number of times over the years as evidence that we're of a similar level. Which doesn't make sense as we've only been relegated once and therefore promoted once in the last thirty plus years, versus however many times they've been relegated and promoted.

Â