Frédéric Guilbert

Villaphan04

Another full blooded performance today and kept Sterling under wraps far better than Targett on Foden. I don't blame him for the goal too much seeing as he shouldn't have been marking someone so much bigger than him. 

• Like 2

Just now, kiltorken said:

A good defender but not comfortable enough on the ball, in my opinion he's a more energetic Neil Taylor. I would hope to sign an improvement in the summer. 

It's his first season in English football.  Would be ridiculous to sack him off for next season, given he's showed a decent amount of promise IMO.

• Thanks 1

Just now, bobzy said:

It's his first season in English football.  Would be ridiculous to sack him off for next season, given he's showed a decent amount of promise IMO.

He's definitely worth keeping as a squad player based on his defensive displays and hopefully he'll improve on the ball skills in the future which would be great but at the moment his passing is very wasteful and makes a lot of unforced errors. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, kiltorken said:

A good defender but not comfortable enough on the ball, in my opinion he's a more energetic Neil Taylor. I would hope to sign an improvement in the summer. 

No way is Taylor keeping a player like Sterling quiet. Doing Guilbert a massive disservice.

14 minutes ago, kiltorken said:

Fair point but how would you rate his passing and general ball skills at the moment? 

Passing isn't so great but he's OK on the ball and not scared of it. RB is not close to being a priority for us IMO. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, lexicon said:

Another full blooded performance today and kept Sterling under wraps far better than Targett on Foden. I don't blame him for the goal too much seeing as he shouldn't have been marking someone so much bigger than him. 

Foden was **** magic today though, looked a phenomenal player.

That said Guilbert was class today, really liked him and gave him motm. Knew he was in a 1 v 1 with Sterling from the off and showed pace and determination and some smarts too. Would Sterling up a treat and got him booked too.

His form has dipped, but today he was back to the aggressive hard working fred of old. Made a few wayward passes but having to contend with 2 players most of the game, in sterling and either the left back or Silva, elmo did a job, clearly we were narrow, the problem is that they dont mince on the ball like we do, they play to feat quick. They only misplaced it hitting high balls to sterling. Foden on the other side raped targett in the first half due to the narrow formation.

Seen him getting some stick today for some reason - I thought he kept Sterling completely in his box. Rattled him enough Sterling even got a booking. I like him, think there is a real player there and next season he will push on.

• Like 1

Â